The paper considers the conditions and causes that led to an accident during the construction of a bridge crossing over the Volga on support № 4. For the construction of the pile foundation of the main supports, a SENNEBOGEN 7700 erection crane was used, installed on an auxiliary technological bridge. The accident occurred on 06.12.2020. The SENNEBOGEN 7700 crane fell from the technological bridge into the water when moving a diesel hammer with a cage weighing 61 tons to the storage site. Analysis of the accident recording of the external surveillance camera, the results of the diving survey and the information decoded from the parameter recorder allow to conclude that the crane was lifting a load less than the maximum load capacity according to the project. The parameter recorder before the time of the accident showed that there was no overload. The accident was caused by the destruction of one of the ceiling beams on which the crane was located. This beam was found destroyed at the bottom of the river.
To determine the reasons for the destruction of the beam, the expert organization EDO Research Center LLC conducted an expert examination of the support beams BO1. To do this, the destroyed elements of the bridge were raised from the bottom of the river, and the studies of the metal of the beam, welds, and the entire structure were carried out. A full analysis of the design and working documentation, according to which the beams were made, was carried out.
The article analyzes the reasons that led to the destruction of the beam, and provides recommendations for the designers, manufacturers and enterprises operating technical devices at the hazardous production facilities.
The organization-customer of such structures should entrust their manufacture only to the specialized organizations.
The manufacturing organization is obliged to prepare a passport with a serial number, instructions for installation and operation, documents confirming the performance of the designated type and scope of non-destructive testing of welds, provide the design with a marking plate, and apply personal marks of welders to the welds.
The operating organization, in case of doubt as to the quality of the manufacture of the product, should not use such structures in the construction of especially hazardous facilities.
2. Fedoseev A.K., Neymark A.S., Gorelov V.N. Safety devices for lifting cranes: textbook. Samara: RIO Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo aerokosmicheskogo universiteta, 2009. 200 p. (In Russ).
3. Technical regulation on the safety of buildings and structures (as amended on July 2, 2013): Federal Law of December 30, 2009 № 384-FZ. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/902192610 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
4. On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. 23-e izd., ispr. i dop. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2022. 52 p. (In Russ).
5. On approval of the federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety «Safety Rules for Hazardous Production Facilities Using Lifting Structures»: Order of Rosteсhnadzor dated November 26, 2020 № 461. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/573275657 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
6. GOST 23118—2019. Building steel structures. General specifications. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200174657 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
7. SP 12-136—2002. Occupational safety in construction. Solutions for occupational and industrial safety in the projects for the organization of construction, and the projects for the production of works. Available at: https://ohranatruda.ru/upload/iblock/f4b/4294845726.pdf (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
8. SP 48.13330.2019. Organization of construction. Available at: http://sniprf.ru/sp48-13330-2019 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
9. SP 46.13330.2012. Bridges and pipes. Updated edition of SNiP 3.06.04—91. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200093425 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
10. VSN 136—78. Instructions for the design of auxiliary structures and devices for the construction of bridges. Available at: https://1mostostroy.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/VSN-136-78.pdf (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
11. STO 01386088-136—2016. Special auxiliary structures and devices for the construction of bridges. Design norms and rules. Available at: https://1mostostroy.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/STO-136-2016.pdf (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
12. STO-GK «Transstroy»-012—2018. Steel bridge structures. Factory production. Specifications. Available at: http://www.zuac.ru/assets/files/sto-gk-transstroj-012-2018-most.pdf (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
13. Makhutov N.A., Vorobev A.Z., Gadenin M.M., Dulnev R.A. Structural strength under low-cycle loading. Мoscow: Nauka, 1983. 271 p. (In Russ).
14. Kudryavtsev I.V., Naumchenkov N.E. Fatigue of welded structures. Мoscow: Mashinostroenie, 1976. 270 p. (In Russ).
15. Webborn T.J.C., Rawlings R.D. Acoustic emission from structural steels and Fe-C alloys. Metal Science. 1981. Vol. 15. Iss. 11–12. pp. 533–540. DOI: 10.1179/msc.1981.15.11-12.533
16. Fedoseev A.K., Gorelov V.N., Skorobogatykh V.N. A Phenomenological Approach to Estimate the Residual Life of Heat Power Facilities. Journal of Machinery Manufacture and Reliability. 2020. Vol. 49. № 12. pp. 1088–1094. DOI: 10.3103/S1052618820120043
17. Shanyavskiy A.A. Mechanisms and modeling of subsurface fatigue cracking in metals. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. 2013. Vol. 110. pp. 350–363. DOI: 10.1016/j.engfracmech.2013.05.013
18. Mughrabi H. Dislocation in fatigue. Dislocations and properties of real materials. London: Institute of Metals, 1985. Vol. 323. pp. 244–262.
19. Oh Y.J., Lee B.S., Kwon S.C., Hong J.H., Nam S.W. Low-cycle fatigue crack initiation and break in strain-life curve of Al-Li 8090 alloy. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. 1999. Vol. 30. Iss. 3. pp. 887–890. DOI: 10.1007/s11661-999-0083-z