Liquidation of the vertical shafts at hazardous production facilities — mines closed by dry or wet methods, in standard situations does not present any particular difficulties. The most complex, but environmentally friendly in technical and technological terms is the development and implementation of the combined method for the liquidation of hazardous mines of the Prokopyevsko-Kiselevsky coal district of Kuzbass with the depleted space of spent powerful coal seams opened by vertical shafts. This is related to the fact that these mines have, as a rule, common boundaries of mountain allotments and either a direct hydraulic or hydrogeological connection. It is established that the mines of the Prokopyevsko-Kiselevsky coal district form two hydraulically connected groups of mines: northern and southern. When they are closed and flooded, there is a flow of groundwater from one depleted space of the mine to another — neighboring, with the danger of water leaving at the lowest point on the earth surface.
The combined method provides for flooding of the liquidated mines to a certain level, the level of which is regulated by installation in one of the vertical shafts of submersible pumps. After establishing the fact of complete flow of water and stabilization of the depression funnel, the dewatering complex is dismantled and the trunk, in which it was mounted, is eliminated.
On the example of the Ziminka mine and the mine named after K.E. Voroshilov, the technical solutions, and the technological schemes for the safe liquidation of vertical shafts of pits and wells are shown. Liquidation is carried out by backfilling with non-combustible material with the preliminary erection of water-resistant insulating jumpers in the horizontal workings, and the installation of floor shelves in the long part and mouth.
1. Kolopats S.K. Environmental aspects of mine closure abroad. Vіsnik Dnіpropetrovskogo unіversitetu. Cerіya: Geologіya, geografіya = Dnipropetrovsk University Bulletin. Series: geology, geography. 2016. Vol. 24. № 2. pp. 47–54. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.15421/111632
2. Popa A., Das Menon A., Walentyński B., Young J.R., Ching H.Y., Cairone L., Barros B.M., Ying W., Yung K. The challenges of the U.S. coal industry and lessons for Europe. Available at: https://unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/energy/se/pdfs/cmm/pub/Challengs_US.Coal.Ind_LessonsEurope.pdf (accessed: April 17, 2023).
3. Efimov V.I., Sidorov R.V., Korchagina T.V. Actual issues of designing the conservation (liquidation) of inefficient coal mining industries on the example of the mines of the Prokopyevsko-Kiselevskiy district of Kuzbass. Ugol = Coal. 2015. № 4. pp. 72–75. (In Russ.).
4. Efimov V.I., Sidorov R.V., Korchagina T.V. Problems of Designing Conservation (Elimination) of Mines Prokopevsko-Kiselevskogo District of Kemerovo Oblast. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Proceedings of Tula State University. Earth Sciences. 2016. Iss. 4. pp. 18–24. (In Russ.).
5. McArthur River Mine. Available at: http://www.mcarthurrivermine.com.au (accessed: April 17, 2023).
6. Exploration and Mining Guide for Aboriginal Communities. Available at: https://natural-resources.canada.ca/sites/www.nrcan.gc.ca/files/mineralsmetals/files/pdf/abor-auto/mining-guide-eng.pdf (accessed: April 17, 2023).
7. Efimov V.I., Popov S.M., Korchagina T.V., Efimova N.V. Mine-and-environment monitoring at mines under closure in Kuzbass. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2017. № 12. pp. 91–94. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2017.12.18
8. Efimov V.I., Lermontov Yu.S., Sidorov R.V., Korchagina T.V. Mining and Environmental Monitoring as a Tool for Estimation of Ecological Effects after Mine Closure. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2015. № 5. pp. 42–44. (In Russ.).
9. Malyshev Yu.N. Restructuring of the coal industry. (Theory. Experience. Programmes. Forecast). Moscow: Kompaniya «Rosugol», 1996. 536 p. (In Russ.).
10. On the underground resources: the Law of the Russian Federation of February 21, 1992, № 2395-1. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/9003403 (accessed: April 17, 2023). (In Russ.).
11. On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. 23-e izd., ispr. i dop. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2022. 52 p. (In Russ).
12. On the approval of the Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety «Safety rules in the coal mines»: Order of Rostechnadzor dated December 8, 2020, № 507. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/573140209 (accessed: April 17, 2023). (In Russ.).
13. Standard project for the liquidation of a mine (cut): Order of the Ministry of Energy of Russia dated November 1, 2001, № 308. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/675427354 (accessed: April 17, 2023). (In Russ.).
14. On the approval of the Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety «Instruction on the coal mines aerological safety»: order of Rostechnadzor dated December 8, 2020, № 506. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/573264143 (accessed: April 17, 2023). (In Russ.).