Modern methods and devices for ensuring electrostatic safety at hazardous plants relating to high-energy materials are shown.
Special hazard is the processes of handling bulk substances: loading, unloading, grinding, feeding into transport bins, sifting devices, metering devices, etc. In connection with this, additional measures are required to ensure explosion prevention and protection of the process being implemented. Special attention is paid to dust-air mixtures of the circulating explosion and fire hazardous substances that are sensitive to ignition by static electricity discharges.
The process of static electricity charges discharge is identified mainly by the electrical properties of the circulating substances, the environment, and the materials from which the process equipment is made. The primary importance when calculating the relaxation time of the charge of static electricity from bulk substances is the experimental determination of the relative dielectric permeability of powders.
The results are given concerning calculation of time of discharging the accumulated electrostatic charge from high-energy materials. The causes of the occurrence and accumulation of electrostatic charges on high-energy substances and equipment, the conditions of electrostatic intrinsic safety of production, and, also the methods are shown related to the methods of identifying the electrostatic parameters of bulk materials.
Appropriateness of reducing the classification of bulk explosives according to the intervals of the values of the minimum ignition energy and the values of specific volume resistance to the international one is shown in the article.
The methods are proposed for calculating the relaxation time of the static electricity charge accumulated on loose dielectric explosion and fire hazardous substances, and the results of calculations are given.
The obtained values of minimum ignition energy of bulk substances find their application at the development of measures and means of ensuring electrostatic safety of the technological processes of explosion and fire hazardous plants.
- Safety rules for chemically hazardous production facilities: Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 09. Iss. 40. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 76 p. (In Russ.).
- General rules of explosion safety for explosion and fire hazardous, chemical, petrochemical and oil refining industries: Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 09. Iss. 37. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 130 p. (In Russ.).
- VSN 10-72. Rules of protection against static electricity at the plants of chemical, petrochemical and oil refining industries. Available at: http://base.garant.ru/70756408/ (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 12.1.018—93 SSBT. Fire and explosion safety of static electricity. General requirements. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/5200318 (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 12.1.044—89 SSBT. Fire hazard of substances and materials. Nomenclature of indicators and methods of their determination. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/gost-12-1-044-89 (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 31610.32-1—2015/IEC/TS 60079-32-1: 2013. Explosive environment. Part 32-1. Electrostatics. Dangerous manifestations. Guidelines. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200135553 (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 31610.32-2—2016. Explosive environments. Part 32-2. Electrostatics. Dangerous manifestations. Test methods. Available at: https://meganorm.ru/Data/651/65144.pdf (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Urben P.G. Bretherick's Handbook of Reactive Chemical Hazards: 8th Ed. London: Elservier Health Sciences, 2017. 1520 p.
- Lowke J.J. Theory of electrical breakdown in air. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. 2012. Vol. 25. № 2. pp. 202–210.
- Karmazinov N.M., Kulepov V.F. The phenomenon of static electricity. N. Novgorod, 2013. 196 p. (In Russ.).
- Ovcharenko A.G., Rasko S.L. Electrostatic safety of fire and explosion hazardous plants. M.− Berlin: Direkt-Media, 2015. 146 p. (In Russ.).
- Graham H. Static electricity: concern in the pharmaceutical industry. Available at: https://kundoc.com/pdf-static-electricity-concern-in-the-pharmaceutical-industry-.html (accessed: March 10, 2019).
- Fedotova N.F. Research Methods for Electrostatic Properties of Bulk Materials. Tekhnika. Tekhnologiya. Upravlenie = Equipment. Technology. Control. 1991. № 2. pp. 30–34. (In Russ.).
- Verbanova A.O., Generalov M.B., Klevleev V.M., Chevikov S.A., Kuznetsova I.A. Problems of ensuring electrostatic safety of dispersed explosive materials. Vestnik tekhnologicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of the technological university. 2018. Vol. 21. № 9. pp. 38–42. (In Russ.).