The article is related to the safety issues of the coal mines considering not only the standard conditions of their operation, but also the influence of external effects, personnel errors during mining operations and operation of controls and automation. The relationship between the causes of accidents and sources of hazards is shown. The analysis of mine safety research methods was carried out, which allow to identify the most dangerous causes and conditions of the underground accidents to one degree or another. It is shown that at the mining sites, despite the extremely small, but non-zero probability, accidents still occur due to the probability densities of rare dangerous situations leading to severe consequences. The expediency of logical-probabilistic methods for modeling scenarios of possible accidents, which are interpreted by the cause-and-effect diagrams of the occurrence of a chain of incidents, is asserted. Based on the normalization of the frequencies of occurrence of emergency situations in coal mining, a rationale is given for the transition from the weights of various initiating conditions to their contributions to emergency situations. Simulation models of decision-making for operational substantive analysis of emergency situations were developed, including an assessment of the weights and contributions of mining and geological, mining and technical factors, and personnel errors to the risk of methane explosion occurrence, fires and gasification of workings in case of violations in the degassing systems.
It is shown that the existing hazards must be able to measure, i.e. have numerical scales. These hazardrs can be assessed based on the construction of hazard trees. Using them, as well as assessments of emergency changes in the state of the technosphere of coal mines, which are based on the analysis of cause-and-effect relationships of hazard sources, simulation models of the hazard of underground accidents were formed and implemented. These models can be considered as functional models of any emergency situation, allowing to obtain analytical estimates of variations in emergency situations by their weights and contributions to the hazard of emergency situations.
2. Smirnyakov V.V., Smirnyakova V.V. Unhandy factors in statistics of accidental gas and dust explosions in coal mines in Russia. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2016. № 1. pp. 30–34. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2016.01.07
3. Kavanagh P. Health and safety are about prevention and response. URL: https://www.canadianminingjournal.com/featured-article/health-and-safety-are-about-prevention-and-response/ (дата обращения: 10.01.2023).
4. Bondarenko I.S. Elaboration of plans-forecasts based on engineering-and-economic performance of mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2022. № 3. pp. 97–107. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236_1493_2022_3_0_97
5. The Coalmining History Resource Centre. Available at: http://www.cmhrc.co.uk/site/disasters/ (accessed: January 10, 2023).
6. Bise C.J. Modern American coal mining: methods and applications. Englewood: SME, 2013. 566 p.
7. Skopintseva O.V., Ganova S.D., Demin N.V., Papichev V.I. Integrated method of dust and gas hazard reduction in coal mines. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2018. № 11. pp. 97–100. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2018.11.18
8. Khenli E.Dzh., Kumamoto Kh. Reliability of technical systems and risk assessment. Мoscow: Mashinostroenie, 2004. 528 p. (In Russ.).
9. Kupriyanov V.V., Bondarenko I.S. Factor of influence on time allowance in emergency preparedness in underground mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2022. № 2. pp. 139–149. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236_1493_2022_2_0_139
10. Aristov A.O. The Quasi-cellular nets based models of flow systems// Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 2019. Vol. 1392. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1392/1/012064
11. Kupriyanov V.V., Bondarenko I.S. Ensuring Safety of Industrial Cargo by Rail Transportation at the Mining Enterprises. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2021. № 4. pp. 56–62. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2021-4-56-62
12. Vostrikov A.V., Prokofeva E.N., Goncharenko S.N., Gribanov I.V. Analytical modeling for the modern mining industry. Eurasian Mining. 2019. № 2. pp. 30–35. DOI: 10.17580/em.2019.02.07
13. Piterson Dzh. The theory of Petri systems and system modeling. Мoscow: Mir, 1984. 264 p. (In Russ.).
14. Kupriyanov V.V., Temkin I.O., Bondarenko I.S. Study of the Time Characteristics for Emergency Situations in the Coal Mines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2022. № 1. pp. 39–45. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2022-1-39-45
15. Ryabin I.A., Parfenov Yu.M. Determination of the characteristics of the importance of the totality of elements of the energy system in the study of its reliability. Izvestiya AN SSSR. Energetika i transport = Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Energy and transport. 1991. № 1. pp. 44–57. (In Russ.).