The analysis was carried out concerning the regulatory requirements for fire safety aimed at preventing the spread of fire from the parking lot of motor vehicles to various buildings and structures located on the territory of industrial use, as well as an analysis of fires on the motor vehicles. The need is shown related to applying a calculation estimate of the possibility of ignition of a fire-hazardous irradiated material from the effect of a radiated heat flux during a fire for establishing a fire-prevention distance.
To assess the fulfillment of fire safety requirements aimed at preventing the spread of fire with the subsequent establishment of a fire-prevention distance from the parking lot of motor vehicles, it is required to implement the calculated scenarios. Scenarios should consider the type (body, opening), the location of the surface (front, rear, side) and its calculated values, the number of motor vehicles, the burning and irradiated materials with their calculated values, the location of the irradiated material relative to the radiating surface (centered, perpendicular, outside zone center). They are based on the mechanism of ignition of the irradiated material from the action of a radiant heat flux during the combustion of a motor vehicle. The practical use of this technique will allow to simulate the threat of propagation of the radiated heat flux to nearby protection objects, to establish a safe distance from the parking of motor vehicles to various buildings and structures for industrial purposes, and to make decisions on the compliance of protection objects with fire safety requirements.
To carry out calculations to determine the safe fire-prevention distance from the parking lots of motor vehicles, a computer program was developed for the computer “Assessment of the safe distance from the boundaries of open areas of motor vehicles”. Its practical application will significantly simplify the procedure associated with the assessment of compliance with fire safety requirements aimed at preventing the spread of fire from the parking lot of the motor vehicle to buildings and structures for industrial purposes and will allow to set the value of the safe fire distance between them.
2. SP 113.13330.2016. Parking. Updated edition of SNiP 21-02—99 (as amended № 1). Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/456044290 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
3. SP 4.13130.2013. Systems of fire protection. Restriction of fire spread at object of defense. Requirements to special layout and structural decisions (as amended № 1). Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200101593 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
4. GOST 12.1.004—91. Occupational safety standards system. Fire safety. General requirements (as amended № 1). Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/9051953 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
5. Zaitsev V.V. Fire-fighting distances between vehicles in open spaces: Abstract of the thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Moscow, 2006. 22 p. (In Russ).
6. Lobaev I.A., Kaziev M.M., Voloshenko A.A., Bezborodov V.I. Full-Scale Fire Experiment to Assess the Flammability of Materials when Exposed to a Heat Flux. Tekhnologii tekhnosfernoy bezopasnosti = Technology of Technosphere Safety. 2019. № 4 (86). pp. 37–44. (In Russ). DOI: 10.25257/TTS.2019.4.86.37-44
7. Koshmarov Yu.A., Bashkirtsev M.P. Thermodynamics and heat transfer in the fire fighting. Мoscow: VIPTSh MVD SSSR, 1987. 440 p. (In Russ).
8. Roytman M.Ya. Fire-fighting rationing in construction. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1985. 590 p. (In Russ).
9. Technical regulation on the safety of buildings and structures (as amended on July 2, 2013): Federal Law of December 30, 2009 № 384-FZ. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/902192610 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
10. Kozlachkov V.I., Yagodka E.A., Voloshenko A.A. Assessment of fire breaks taking into account the impact of heat flow on the property. Tekhnologii tekhnosfernoy bezopasnosti = Technology of Technosphere Safety. 2016. № 3 (67). pp. 40–44. (In Russ).
11. Labinskiy A.Yu. Modeling of the process of non-stationary heat conduction by the heat balance method. Nadzornaya deyatelnost i sudebnaya ekspertiza v sisteme bezopasnosti = Supervisory activity and forensic examination in the safety system. 2019. № 4. pp. 28–33. (In Russ).
12. Voloshenko A.A, Melnichenko Yu.V., Zykov P.I., Shteba T.V. Automation of the process of management of fire distances from the borders of open areas for storage of vehicles to protection objects. Tekhnosfernaya bezopasnost = Technosphere safety. 2023. № 1 (38). pp. 3–12. (In Russ).
13. Motorygin Yu.D., Akimova A.B. Methods of fire safety management in closed parking lots. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta Gosudarstvennoy protivopozharnoy sluzhby MChS Rossii = Vestnik Saint-Petersburg University of State Fire Service of EMERCOM of Russia. 2021. № 3. pp. 29–36. (In Russ).