Safety of mining operations is the basis for the efficient functioning of the mines. During mining operations, due to changing conditions in the mine workings, the natural draft began to appear more frequent. Moreover, its influence can be limited to a separate section without affecting the entire ventilation network. In this paper, the new concept is introduced and explained — local natural ventilation. The classification signs and the negative consequences of its manifestation are presented. Main difference between the local natural ventilation as a subspecies of natural ventilation as a whole lies in the limited action both in the spaces of mine workings or individual sections, and in time. Particularly its occurrence depends on the season or the technological processes performed. In this case, the local natural ventilation is not an emergency and is not subject to registration as an incident or accident. However, its manifestations can lead to both incidents and accidents.
Taking this factor into account will allow to increase the level of aerological safety at the mining enterprises. A method of three-dimensional computer modeling is proposed for predicting the manifestation of local natural ventilation and making decisions to prevent it. An example of the use of this approach at the Norilsk mine during the construction of shafts with verification of field measurements is given. It confirms the possibility of practical application of the proposed calculation method.
The algorithm for registering the local natural ventilation considered in the article makes it possible to develop activities for improving the level of industrial safety at the mining enterprises as a whole.
- Kolikov K.S., Kaledina N.O., Kobylkin S.S. Mining Safety and Ecology Department: Past, Present and Future. Gornyi zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2018. № 3. pp. 21–28. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2018.03.04
- Levin L.Yu., Paleev D.Yu., Semin M.A. Calculation of Air Streams Stability in the Workings of Mine Ventilation Networks by the Factor of Thermal Depression. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Bulletin of Research Center for Safety in Coal Industry. 2020. № 1. pp. 81–85. (In Russ.).
- Levin L.Yu., Zaitsev A.V., Butakov S.V., Semin M.A. Normalization of microclimate in deep potash mines. Gornyi zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2018. № 8. pp. 97–102. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2018.08.14
- Ushakov V.K. Dynamic hierarchical segmentation of mine ventilation systems in modeling methods of improvement of aerological safety. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2019. № 12. pp. 76–85. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-12-0-76-85
- Ushakov V.K. Cost estimate of mine ventilation system design and operation towards enhanced labor safety. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2018. № 6. pp. 214–221. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2018-6-0-214-221
- Khubieva V.M. The influence of natural draft on the aerological safety of diamond mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2020. № 6–1. pp. 186–193. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2020-61-0-186-193
- Kennedy W.R. Practical mine ventilation. Chicago: Interec Publishing Corporation, 1999. 612 p.
- Dalgic A., Karakus A. A computerised study on the natural ventilation characteristics of the Guleman Kef chromium mine. Mining Technology. 2004. Vol. 113. Iss. 3. pp. 153–162. DOI: 10.1179/037178404225006182
- Yongliang Z., Qinglei T. Application of Natural Ventilation in Metal Mine Ventilation System. Available at: https://www.atlantis-press.com/article/25851313.pdf (accessed: July 2, 2020). DOI: 10.2991/mse-15.2016.11
- Kobylkin A., Musina V., Batugin A., Ponomarev V., Vorobyeva O., Vishnevskaya E. Modeling of aerodynamic process for coal waste dump located in geodynamically dangerous zone. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1755-1315/221/1/012087/pdf (accessed: July 2, 2020). DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/221/1/012087
- Gendler S.G., Gridina E.B., Egorova N.A., Kozyrev S.A., Sogrin B.B. Methodical Fundamentals of Air Consumption Calculation for Mine Working Ventilation at the Operation of Machines and Mechanisms with Internal Combustion Engines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 4. pp. 45–51. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-4-45-51
- Korshunov G.I., Andreev R.E., Gridina E.B. Calculation of gas-dynamic parameters in powder chamber of a blast hole. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology. 2019. Vol. 10. № 2. pp. 69–78.
- Yi Z., Tien J.C., Ying L. Comparison of diffuser assisted ventilation and push-pull systems for DPM control in a dead-end entry. Proceedings of the 16th U.S./North American Mine Ventilation Symposium, Denver, Colorado. Golden: Colorado School of Mines, 2017. pp. 5-9–5-17.
- Wachowicz J., Łączny J.M., Iwaszenko S., Janoszek T., Cempa-Balewicz M. Modelling of underground coal gasification process using CFD methods. Archives of Mining Sciences. 2015. Vol. 60. Iss. 3. pp. 663–676. DOI: 10.1515/amsc-2015-0043
- Kobylkin S.S., Kobylkin A.S., Balovtsev S.V., Kharisov A.R. Science-based solutions оn the development of instructions for an emergency response plan for open-pit mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2020. № 6–1. pp. 84–98. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2020-61-0-84-98
- Kobylkin S.S., Kobylkin A.S. 3D modeling in engineering design of mine rescue work tactics. Gornyi zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2018. № 5. pp. 82–85. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2018.05.13
- Kazakov B.P., Shalimov A.V. Stability of convective ventilation after fan switching-off in mines. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopaemykh = Journal of Mining Science. 2019. № 4. pp. 122–130. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.15372/FTPRPI20190413
- Grishin E.L., Kormshchikov D.S., Levin L.Yu. Mine emergencies analysis and emergency response plan development in «Aeroset» software package using air, heat and gas distrubution algorithm. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2014. № 9. pp. 185–189. (In Russ.).