Experimental samples of the collective protection means against the aviation noise were studied. Objectives of the work: to determine the features of the aviation noise, to form the tactical and technical requirements for the acoustic efficiency of the collective protection means against noise for the state aviation, to provide for the assessment of the results of their full-scale tests. The results of studies of the acoustic situation at the workplaces of aviation specialists of the state aviation, who are directly involved in ensuring flights at the airfield and maintenance of the aviation equipment, are summarized. Main sources of noise are the aircraft power plants, and auxiliary technical equipment.
Tactical and technical requirements for the sound insulation are substantiated for achieving optimal acoustic efficiency of the collective protection means against the aviation noise. The requirements are formulated: for life support systems, for safety and microclimate, for ergonomics, technical aesthetics, etc. Tests of single-module and two-module experimental samples of the collective protection means were conducted. Acoustic measurements in a single-module sample were carried out in the flight conditions. Two-module sample was examined at the aircraft testing site after repair and maintenance work in the power plant.
It is concluded that both samples have sufficient sound insulation to ensure the protection of engineering personnel from the uncompensated effect of the aviation noise. The sound insulation coefficient in the low frequency region is 14–17 dB, medium — 21–26 dB, high — 35–50 dB, sound insulation in terms of sound level is 30 dB. Presented samples are capable to ensure protection of the aviation specialists from the adverse effects of noise and meet the requirements for maintaining working capacity and reducing the risk of disease.
2. Soldatov S.K., Zinkin V.N., Bogomolov A.V., Dragan S.P., Kukushkin Yu.A. Fundamental and applied aspects of the aviation medical acoustics. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2019. 216 p. (In Russ.).
3. Smith M.J.T. Aircraft Noise. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1989. 376 p.
4. Soldatov S.K., Bogomolov A.V., Zinkin V.N., Dragan S.P. Problems of Acoustic Safety Ensuring for Aviation Industry Staff. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2014. № 10. pp. 58–60. (In Russ.).
5. Zaporozhets O., Tokarev V., Attenborough K. Aircraft Noise: Assessment, Prediction, and Control. London: CRC Press, 2011. 432 p. DOI: 10.1201/b12545
6. Kharitonov V.V. Assessment of the acoustic efficiency of collective protection means of the engineering and technical staff of the Russian Federation Air Force. Sanepidkontrol = Sanitary and epidemiological control. 2015. № 3. pp. 64–72. (In Russ.).
7. Korica S.Lj., Popovič K.D. Noise, sources of noise and its influence on the quality of work and living environment. Vojnotehnički glasnik. 2017. Vol. 65. № 4. pp. 1017–1026. DOI: 10.5937/vojtehg65-12900
8. Raman G., McLaughlin D.K. Highlights of Aeroacoustics Research in the U.S. — 1998. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 1999. Vol. 228. Iss. 3. pp. 589–610. DOI: 10.1006/JSVI.1999.2429
9. Aasvang G. M., Engdahl B. Subjective Responses to Aircraft Noise in an Outdoor Recreational Setting: A Combined Field and Laboratory Study. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2004. Vol. 276. Iss. 3–5. pp. 981–996. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsv.2003.08.042
10. Akhmetzyanov I.M., Grebenkov S.V., Lomov O.P. Noise and infrasound. Hygienic aspects. Saint-Petersburg: Bip, 2002. 100 p. (In Russ.).
11. Lizunov Yu.V., Lomov O.P. Oscillations, and waves (hygienic assessment, regulation, protection): textbook. Saint-Petersburg: Izd-vo «Dialekt», 2006. 272 p. (In Russ.).
12. R 2.2.2006—05. Guide on Hygienic Assessment of Factors of Working Environment and Work Load. Criteria and Classification of Working Conditions. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200040973 (accessed: November 9, 2021). (In Russ.).
13. Izmerov N.F., Suvorov G.A., Prokopenko L.V. Man and noise. Moscow: Geotar-Med, 2001. 380 p. (In Russ.).
14. Kharitonov V.V., Zhdanko I.M., Filatov V.N., Sheshegov P.M. Requirements of means of individual protection from noise for aviation engineering specialists of the state aviation. Problemy bezopasnosti poletov = Flight safety problems. 2020. № 6. pp. 12–28. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.36535/0235-5000-2020-06-2
15. Bogomolov A.V., Dragan S.P. Automatic monitoring and technology of the personnel acoustic safety ensuring. Avtomatizatsiya. Sovremennye tekhnologii = Automation. Modern technologies. 2015. № 4. pp. 25–30. (In Russ.).