The article deals with the problems of conducting periodic inspections of equipment. This is due to the high frequency of equipment shutdown for its technical diagnostics and examination in accordance with the requirements of regulatory and technical documentation, in particular the Federal norms and rules «Rules for the safe operation of process pipelines».
It is noted that the inspection is an important tool for ensuring the integrity of the equipment and, as a result, the industrial safety of the facility. At the same time, it is indicated that the inspection can be implemented on the basis of one of two approaches: regulated and risk-oriented.
A general description of the inspection methodology, taking into account risk factors, is presented. It is pointed out that a risk-based approach to inspections is widespread in a number of countries. Various methods of implementing this approach are given, taking into account a large number of standards. The basics of API 581 3rd Edition and S-RBI techniques used for inspections are described.
The technological process of the gas condensate stabilization system of a plant for the production of liquefied natural gas is described. A process pipeline is considered as an object of the study, for which an inspection interval is determined using the API 581 3rd Edition methodology.
At the first stage of determining the inspection interval according to the S-RBI methodology, the process of assessing the criticality of the failure is described. The second step describes the process of determining the confidence factor, where the focus is on the estimation of the uncertainty in predicting the corrosion rate. At the third stage, the coefficient of the inspection interval is determined based on the data on the criticality of the failure and the reliability factor. Then an example of calculating the inspection interval for the object under study is given.
Based on the results obtained, a conclusion was made about the comparability of API 581 3rd Edition and S-RBI methods. Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages, but at the same time they provide optimization of the scope of inspection work while maintaining a high level of industrial safety of the facility. In order to improve production efficiency, reliability and safety of pressure equipment, and optimize inspection intervals (which will allow to reduce the financial costs of enterprises), it is advisable to apply the above practices in the Russian Federation, providing the required legal and regulatory framework.
2. Xie M., Tian Z. A review on pipeline integrity management utilizing in-line inspection data. Engineering Failure Analysis. 2018. Vol. 92. pp. 222–239. DOI: 10.1016/j.engfailanal.2018.05.010
3. Shaikh Abdullah Shaikh Othman, Mohd Nazmi Mohd Ali Napiah, Nor Salwanie Zakaria, Khairol Hazman A Karim, Swee Ling Koi, Mohd Fithri Azad Abul Kalam Azad, Aishah Mastura Supian. Automation Via Robotic Process Automation in Pipeline Integrity Management Towards ALARP Risk Level. Abu Dhabi: ADIPEC, 2022. DOI: 10.2118/211063-MS
4. Hu T., Guo J. Development and application of new technologies and equipment for in-line pipeline inspection. Natural Gas Industry B. 2019. Vol. 6. Iss. 4. pp. 404–411. DOI: 10.1016/j.ngib.2019.01.017
5. Fan Z., Niu X., Miao B., Meng H. Hybrid Coded Excitation of the Torsional Guided Wave Mode T (0,1) for Oil and Gas Pipeline Inspection. Applied Sciences. 2022. Vol. 12. Iss. 2. DOI: 10.3390/app12020777
6. Ma Q., Tian G., Zeng Y., Li R., Song H., Wang Z., Gao B., Zeng K. Pipeline In-Line Inspection Method, Instrumentation and Data Management. Sensors. 2021. Vol. 21. Iss. 11. DOI: 10.3390/s21113862
7. STO Gazprom 2-2.3-253—2009. Organization standard. Methodology for assessing the technical condition and integrity of the gas pipelines. Available at: https://files.stroyinf.ru/Data1/59/59641/index.htm (accessed: May 12, 2023). (In Russ.).
8. On the approval of the federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety «Rules for the safe operation of technological pipelines»: Order of Rostechnazdor dated December 21, 2021 № 444. Available at: http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Document/View/0001202206010001 (accessed: May 12, 2023). (In Russ.).
9. Zhi-Yu M.A., Jin-Shan H.O.U., Liang C.A.I., Zhi-Gang Z.H.A. N. G., Wei-Ping, M.A. Research on the Advancement of Russia Oil Pump Unit Operation and Maintenance Standards. Automation in Petro-Chemical Industry. 2016. Vol. 52. Iss. 5.
10. On approval of the federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety «Industrial safety rules when using equipment operating under excessive pressure»: Order of Rostechnadzor dated December 15, 2020 № 536. Available at: https://base.garant.ru/400165158/ (accessed: May 12, 2023). (In Russ.).
11. Trasatti S.P. Risk-Based Inspection and Integrity Management of Pipeline Systems. Degradation Assessment and Failure Prevention of Pipeline Systems. LNCE, Vol. 102. Cham: Springer, 2021. pp. 89–98. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-58073-5_7
12. Shafiee M., Soares C.G. New advances and developments in risk-based inspection (RBI) of marine structures. Available at: https://www.rpsonline.com.sg/proceedings/esrel2020/pdf/4217.pdf (accessed: May 12, 2023).
13. ST RK 3731—2021. Oil and gas industry. Technical examination of equipment considering risk factors. Available at: https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=39684964&pos=5;-106#pos=5;-106 (accessed: May 12, 2023). (In Russ.).
14. Singurov A.A., Deryabin P.G. Risk-based inspection in Sakhalin Energy Company. Gazovaya promyshlennost = Gaz Industry. 2018. № 12. pp. 114–121. (In Russ.).
15. DS/CWA 15740. Risk-Based Inspection and Maintenance Procedures for European Industry (RIMAP). Available at: https://standards.globalspec.com/std/1108335/ds-cwa-15740 (accessed: May 12, 2023).
16. EN 16991:2018. Risk-Based Inspection Framework. Available at: https://standards.iteh.ai/catalog/standards/cen/c975c640-9b42-42f2-b265-623b5a8612fa/en-16991-2018 (accessed: May 12, 2023).
17. Risk-Based Inspection. API 580 Recommended Practice. Third Edition, February 2016. Available at: https://mycommittees.api.org/standards/cre/sci/Documents/New%20SCIMI%20Document%20Structure/Committee%20Work%20Pages%20(not%20public)/API%20Pub%20590/API%20Definitions%20Project%20(pre-2018)/API%20580%20-%203rd%20Edition%20-%20February%202016.pdf (accessed: May 12, 2023).
18. DNV-RP G101: Risk Based Inspection of Offshore Topsides Static Mechanical Equipment. Available at: https://studylib.net/doc/18048860/dnv-rp-g101--risk-based-inspection-of (accessed: May 12, 2023).
19. Above ground flat bottomed storage tanks: A guide to inspection, maintenance and repair. Available at: https://www.abebooks.com/9780859312059/Above-Ground-Flat-Bottomed-Storage-0859312054/plp (accessed: May 12, 2023).
20. EPRI Topical Report TR-112657, Revision B-A. Revised Risk-Informed In-service Inspection Evaluation. Available at: https://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML0134/ML013470102.pdf (accessed: May 12, 2023).
21. Risk based inspection (RBI) — A risk based approach to planned plant inspection. SPC/TECH/GEN/46, Version 4. Available at: https://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/internalops/hid_circs/technical_general/spc_tech_gen_46.htm (accessed: May 12, 2023).
22. GOST R 55234.3—2013. Practical aspects of management of risk. Risk-Based Inspection and Maintenance Procedures. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200108150 (accessed: May 12, 2023). (In Russ.).
23. Best practice for risk based inspection as a part of plant integrity management. Available at: https://maincontract.nl/asset/best-practice-for-risk-based-inspection-as-a-part-of-plant-integrity-management/ (accessed: May 12, 2023).
24. Brikov A.V., Aleksandrovich S.I., Belkin D.S., Shteyn A.M., Osipov S.P. Algorithm for Calculating the Inspection Interval of a Process Pipeline using a Risk-Oriented Approach according to the API 581 Methodology. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2023. № 4. pp. 75–83. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2023-4-75-83
25. GOST R 58771—2019. Risk management. Risk assessment technologies. Available at: https://files.stroyinf.ru/Data/731/73151.pdf (accessed: May 12, 2023). (In Russ.).
26. Brikov A.V., Aleksandrovich S.I. Calculation of the inspection interval using the risk-based inspection methodology according to API RP 581. Gazovaya promyshlennost = Gaz Industry. 2023. № 2. pp. 44–53. (In Russ.).