The potash mines of the Verkhnekamsk potassium-magnesium salt deposit have low aerodynamic resistance, and therefore many factors influence the air distribution between the mine workings of the mining sites. Some of such significant factors are: the magnitude and direction of the natural draft that occurs between the mine workings due to the difference in air densities in them. The density of air also changes when the temperature changes and when it is mixed with other gases of a different density. When the air is heated, which can be caused by the operation of mining equipment, as well as when an air-gas mixture enters the air (methane is the most common gas in the potash mines of the Verkhnekamsk potassium-magnesium salt deposit), it becomes lighter. In this regard, in the inclined workings, it tends to rise up. In the existing ventilation methods, such a phenomenon has a positive effect in blocks and panels located along the rise of the formation, and a negative effect, when natural drafts prevent ventilation in the production areas located along the dip of the formation. In this regard, it was proposed to change the method of ventilation of mining areas located along the dip of the formation.
In the event of a fire in a conveyor mine working, which is the most common fire hazard emergency, due to air heating, natural draughts will begin to play a dominant role in the distribution of air and the spread of flue gases.
The article presents the proposed method of ventilation of the mining area of the Verkhnekamsk potassium-magnesium salt deposit of the potash mine, which will allow to efficiently carry out ventilation in the normal mode and prevent the ingress of flue gases into the working area in the event of a fire in the conveyor mine working. This effect is achieved through the positive use of emerging natural drafts and insulating devices (quickly assembled ventilation stoppings).
The calculation presented in the article, performed in the «Aeroset» software package, confirmed the assumptions about the efficiency of the proposed solutions.
2. Taylakov O.V., Utkaev E.A., Makeev M.P. Fugitive methane emissions and technologies for their reduction in Kuzbass coal mining. Gornaya promyshlennost = Mining Industry Journal. 2022. № 6. pp. 54–59. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.30686/1609-9192-2022-6-54-59
3. Ushakov K.Z., Kaledina N.O., Kirin B.F., Srebnyy M.A., Dikolenko E.Ya., Il'in A.M., Semenov A.P. Safety of mining operations and mine rescue business: textbook. Мoscow: MGGU, 2008. 487 p. (In Russ.).
4. Baskakov V.I., Gerasimov G.K., Ludzish V.S. Fires on the conveyor transport. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2000. № 1. pp. 41–43. (In Russ.).
5. Subbotin A.I., Belyak L.A., Chubarov L.A., Grigorev Yu.I. Fire safety of belt conveyors and safety standards for the mine conveyor belts. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2001. № 5. pp. 18–23. (In Russ.).
6. Yurchenko V.M. A new look at the causes of fires on the mine conveyors. Ugol = Russian Coal Journal. 2003. № 2. pp. 56–59. (In Russ.).
7. Osipov S.N., Zhadan V.M. Ventilation of mines during underground fires. Мoscow: Nedra, 1973. 152 p. (In Russ.).
8. Griffin R.E. In-Mine Evaluation of Underground Fire and Smoke Detectors. Morgantown: University of West Virginia, 1978.
9. Cheng J. Assessment of mine ventilation system reliability using random simulation method. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal. 2016. Vol. 15. Iss. 4. pp. 841–850. DOI: 10.30638/eemj.2016.091
10. De Souza E. Application of ventilation management programs for improved mine safety. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 2017. Vol. 27. Iss. 4. pp. 647–650. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmst.2017.05.018
11. Mokhirev N.N. Development of the modern methods and means of providing highly efficient ventilation of mines with low aerodynamic resistance: thesis ... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Permian, 1994. 302 p. (In Russ.).
12. Alymenko N.I. Research and development of the methods and means to improve the efficiency and reliability of ventilation of the underground mines with a large equivalent opening (for example, potash mines): thesis ... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Saint Petersburg, 1998. 334 p. (In Russ.).
13. Alymenko N.I. Aerodynamic parameters of ventilating passages joined-up with the Main Mine Fan. Journal of Mining Science. 2011. Vol. 47. Iss. 6. pp. 814–823.
14. Mokhirev N.N., Radko V.V. Engineering calculations of the mine ventilation. Construction. Reconstruction. Exploitation. Мoscow: Nedra-Biznestsentr, 2007. 324 p. (In Russ.).
15. Nikolaev A.V., Maksimov P.V., Lyalkina G.B., Konotop D.A. The effect of methane emission on air distribution in potash mine production units. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Gornyy zhurnal = News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal. 2021. № 6. pp. 87–97. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.21440/0536-1028-2021-6-87-97
16. Nikolaev A.V., Maksimov P.V., Zemskov A.N., Konotop D.A., Kuimov S.A., Bartolomey M.L. Assessment of the adequacy of mathematical models and dependences of the distribution of the gas-air mixture within the dead-end development of a potassium mine. Ugol = Russian Coal Journal. 2022. № 10. pp. 60–65. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18796/0041-5790-2022-10-60-65
17. Nikolaev A.V., Maksimov P.V., Klishin V.I. Results of Testing of a New Type of Mine Ventilation Stopping in the Potash Mine Production Area. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 12. pp. 79–84. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-12-79-84
18. Popov M.D., Kormshchikov D.S., Semin M.A., Levin L.Yu. Calculation of Air Flows Stability in the Mine Workings by the Factor of Thermal Depression in the Analytical Complex «Aeroset». Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 10. pp. 24–32. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-10-24-32