Mining production is one of the important components of the economic development of the Russian Federation. But in the process of mining, environmental damage is caused, which must be compensated by reclamation (restoration). However, to date, the reclamation rate is inferior to that of extraction.
A special feature of the legal regime of subsoil use is the dual form of land allocation: subsoil use (the Law of the Russian Federation «On Subsoil») and land use (the Land Code of the Russian Federation). In this paper, the technologies of parallel reclamation of sections (quarries) are considered, the project of which should be contained in a set of documents for obtaining a license for the development of subsurface resources.
Parallel reclamation without using the mined-out space of the quarry involves the use of overburden rocks as materials for the construction of large-scale linear infrastructure facilities of the district, etc.
Parallel recultivation using the developed space of the quarry (section) involves filling it with either current overburden rocks or recultivant obtained based on the mineral processing products or technogenic raw materials.
At the same time, it is required to ensure that at least one side of the quarry is placed in the limit position in the absence of any communications on it. A prerequisite for the implementation of this approach is mandatory long-term planning. The reclamation plan and its direction should be developed before the start of mining operations in accordance with the needs of the region, and then consistently implemented.
The necessary legislative and regulatory framework is available in Russia, but it needs to be finalized, in particular, clarification of the concept of reclamation. In this case, it is interpreted as the return of land to a new economic turnover. Close cooperation and interaction of business with the federal and regional authorities, scientific and design organizations is required to restore the lands disturbed by mining production in accordance with the current laws and regulatory framework in order to develop and implement geotechnological solutions that ensure the return of these lands to a new economic turnover.
2. Wang Y., Lei Y., Wang S. Green Mining Efficiency and Improvement Countermeasures for China's Coal Mining Industry. Frontiers in Energy Research. 2020. Vol. 8. DOI: 10.3389/fenrg.2020.00018
3. Kretschmann J. Sustainable Change of Coal-Mining Regions. Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration. 2020. Vol. 37. pp. 167–178. DOI: 10.1007/s42461-019-00151-2
4. Matern A., Förster A., Knippschild R. Designing Sustainable Change in Coal Regions. disP — The Planning Review. 2022. Vol. 58. Iss. 3. pp. 19–21. DOI: 10.1080/02513625.2022.2158588
5. Chmykhalova S.V. Environmental reclamation of postmining areas. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2020. № 4. pp. 81–84. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2020.04.16
6. Rosprirodnadzor. Report 2-TP (reclamation) for 2021. Available: https://rpn.gov.ru/open-service/analytic-data/statistic-reports/land-recultivation/ (accessed: March 14, 2023). (In Russ.).
7. On Subsoil: Law of the Russian Federation of February 21, 1992 № 2395-1. Available: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_343/ (accessed: March 14, 2023). (In Russ.).
8. Land Code of the Russian Federation: Federal Law of October 25, 2001 № 136-FZ. Available: https://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_33773/ (accessed: March 14, 2023). (In Russ.).
9. On land reclamation and conservation: Decree of the Government of Russian Federation of July 10, 2018 № 800. Available: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/550609080 (accessed: March 14, 2023). (In Russ.).
10. Rzhevskiy V.V. Open pit mining: textbook for universities. In 2 parts. Pt 1. 4-e izd., per. i dop. Moscow: Nedra, 1985. 509 p. (In Russ.).
11. Pytalev I.A., Gaponova I.V. The analysis of way of formation and recultivation of the mine technical constructions for provide the effectiveness of their implementation in short term. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2015. № S4-2. pp. 39–47. (In Russ.).
12. Pytalev I.A. Greening open geotechnology in the context of sustainable development of the country's mining industry. Nauka i tekhnologii XXI veka: trendy i perspektivy: sb. statey po itogam IV Professorskogo foruma (Science and technology of the XXI century: trends and prospects: collection of articles on the results of the IV Professorial Forum). In 2 volumes. Vol. 2. Moscow, 2021. pp. 106–109. (In Russ.).
13. Chmykhalova S.V., Grishin V.Yu., Pytalev I.A. Challenges in the coal mining industry, life cycle of coal mining operations, and subsequent reclamation of disturbed lands. Ugol = Coal. 2023. № 1. pp. 70–75. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18796/0041-5790-2023-1-70-75
14. Lubenskaya N.A., Chmykhalova S.V., Grishin V.Yu. Preconditions for the formation and development of the market for services for the remediation of disturbed lands. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2021. № 10-1. pp. 88–100. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236_1493_2021_101_0_88