The aim of the research was to increase the speed of the device for localizing coal dust explosions to reliably suppress the fire front by creating a barrier from a cloud of fire extinguishing agent and, as a result, stopping the spread of an explosion in a mine working. The result is an increase in the safety of a mine personnel.
In the paper, an integrated approach was applied, including the following: analysis and generalization of statistical data on explosions of the methane-air and dust-air mixtures in the mines of Ukraine; critical analysis of means of localization of explosions of coal dust; computer simulation of stress propagation in a rock mass during an explosion.
The obtained data on the propagation of stresses in a rock mass allowed to scientifically substantiate the new approach to obtaining information about a shock front approaching. The results of the study confirmed that the transfer of dust accumulations into a suspended state under the influence of seismic waves moving along the working with a significant advance of the explosion front creates conditions for the formation of an explosive concentration of dust ahead of the fire front. Earlier receipt of an explosion signal from a seismic sensor can contribute to the formation of an explosion-proof environment even before the fire front approaches, which will allow taking measures to prevent the creation of a combustible environment and the formation of a non-combustible zone in the path of the fire front.
Thanks to the discovery of the mechanism of propagation of explosion energy in a mountain environment, a fundamentally new approach to detecting an explosion in a mine working was substantiated, and a new design of a device for localizing coal dust explosions was developed.
The introduction of this device will speed up the localization of dust explosions by creating an efficient barrier from a cloud of fire extinguishing agents. At the same time, an explosion-proof environment will be formed in the mine working, which will lead to an increase in the level of protection of miners from the harmful and hazardous explosion factors.
2. Galchenko V.A., Rudnєv Є.S., Fіlateva E.M., Antoshchenko M.І. On the methodology for selecting indicators for predicting the hazardous properties of coal mine seams. Tekhnіchna іnzhenerіya = Technical engineering. 2021. № 2 (88). pp. 148–167. (In Ukr.). DOI: 10.26642/ten-2021-2(88)-148-167
3. Lin S., Liu Z., Wang Z. Qian J., Gu Z. Flame Sharacteristics in a Coal Dust Explosion Induced by a Methane Explosion in a Horizontal Pipeline. Combustion Science and Technology. 2022. Vol. 194. Iss. 3. pp. 622–635. DOI: 10.1080/00102202.2020.1777548
4. Zavyalova E.L., Kostenko V.K. Mechanism of development explosions of coal dust in the network of mine workings. Geotekhnіchna mekhanіka = Geotechnical mechanics. 2017. № 135. pp. 125–136. (In Russ.).
5. Dzhigrin A.V., Razumnyak N.L., Kharchenko V.F., Gornostaev V.S. Multifunctional automatic explosion suppression — localization system. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 1. pp. 37–41. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-1-37-41
6. Dmitrievich M.R., Alekseevich R.V., Borisovich S.V. Methodological approach to issue of researching dust-explosion protection of mine workings of coal mines. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology. 2019. № 10 (2). pp. 1154–1161.
7. Mineev S.P. Issues of liquidation of some accidents associated with explosions of methane-air mixtures and fires. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy gornogo proizvodstva = Physical and technical problems of mining. 2019. № 21. pp. 78–90. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.37101/ftpgp21.01.007
8. Pavlov A.N., Terentev S.A., Kolpakov V.V., Povernov E.S., Kazantsev V.G., Sypin E.V. The system of the methane explosion localization in the coal mine air trunk. Materialy 9-go mezhdunar. seminara po elektronnym ustroystvam i materialam (Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop and Tutorials on Electron Devices and Materials). 2008. pp. 106–108. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.1109/SIBEDM.2008.4585861
9. Azatyan V.V., Vedeshkin G.K., Filatov Yu.M. Chemical Control of Combustion, Explosion, and Detonation of Gases. Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii nauk = Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2019. № 89. pp. 298–302. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.1134/S1019331619030018
10. Gorlov Yu.V., Razumnyak N.L. Coal Mines Blast Protection with the Use of Automatic Blast Localization Systems. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 9. pp. 13–19. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-9-13-19
11. Topchiy S.Є., Kanaєv S.F., Boguslavskiy O.M., Bondarenko O.F.. Device for localization of explosions of the coal dust. Patent № 30626. UA. Published: March 11, 2008. Bulletin № 5. (In Ukr.).
12. Kaputsiyan V.Z., Kaputsiyan O.V. Automatic explosion localization system. Patent № 89840. UA. Published: April 25, 2014. Bulletin № 8. (In Ukr.).
13. Kostenko V., Liashok Ya., Zavialova O., Pozdieiev S., Kostenko T. The deformation dynamics of the experimental adit's material during a coal dust explosion. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. 2020. № 4. № 7 (106). pp. 54–62. DOI: 10.15587/1729-4061.2020.209409
14. Kostenko V.K., Zavyalova O.L., Lyashok Ya.O., Kostenko T.V., Tavrel M. І. Device for localization of explosions of the coal dust. Patent № 126002. UA. Published: July 27, 2022. Bulletin № 30. (In Ukr.).