In connection with the growth of coal production and the load on mining enterprises, as well as the modernization of the main mining industries, the urgent task is to improve the level of industrial and occupational safety, which is impossible without improving the system for monitoring safety parameters in the automated mode. The control of dust and explosion safety of the mine workings in accordance with the safety requirements is conducted with special devices or other continuous equipment, in accordance with paragraph 22 of the Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety «Safety rules in the coal mines». Within the framework of the article, the development of a new device for monitoring dust content and dust deposition is considered — a system for continuous automatic monitoring of dust content and intensity of dust deposition. Investigations of the regularities of the process of dust deposition of hovering coal dust were carried out depending on various factors affecting the distribution of dust along the network of the mine workings, namely, the grade composition of coal, a set of technological parameters and the parameters of atmospheric indicators. Performed complex of the laboratory and mine research of the innovation system confirmed the correctness of the developed physical model for assessing the state of dust and explosion safety in the coal mining. The system of continuous automatic monitoring of the dust content and the intensity of dust deposition meets the modern requirements of the Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety in terms of automatic continuous measurement of dust concentration in the mine atmosphere, and (or) dust deposition, telemetry, remote signaling when the threshold values of dust deposition concentrations are exceeded, and in case of failure of the dust sensor, as well as local light and (or) sound alarms, automatic transmission of data on exceeding the threshold values of dust concentrations in the mine atmosphere, and (or) dust deposits in real time via communication channels to the coal mining organization.
2. Schroedl S., Go L., Cohen R. Coal mine dust lung disease: The Silent Coal Mining Disaster. Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews. 2016. Vol. 12. Iss. 1. DOI: 10.2174/1573398X11666151026222347
3. Safety rules in the coal mines: federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser.05. Iss. 40. 7-e izd., pererab. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2021. 200 p. (In Russ.).
4 Instructions for the aerological safety of the coal mines: federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 05. Iss. 62. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2021. 220 p. (In Russ.).
5. Cybulski W. Badania nad granicznymi wybuchowymi stezeniami pyltu weglowego. Prace ownego Instytutu Gornictwa. Katowice, 1954.
6. Pozdnyakov G.A., Zakutskiy E.L. The process of dust accumulation and control of dust and explosion safety of the mine workings. Nauchnye soobshcheniya NNTs GP — IGD im. A.A. Skochinskogo = Scientific reports of NNTs GP — IGD named after A.A. Skochinsky. 2007. Iss. 333. pp. 253–265. (In Russ.).
7. Man Ch., Harris M. Participation of large particles in coal dust explosions. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. 2014. Vol. 27. № 1. pp. 49–54. DOI: 10.1016/j.jlp.2013.11.004
8. Sobolev V.V. Establishment of the regularities of dust formation processes during the operation of high-performance coal mining equipment: thesis... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Kemerovo, 2002. 229 p. (In Russ.).
9. Certificate of attestation «Methodology for measuring the amount of deposited dust using stationary dust meters IZST-01» dated 12.09.2017, № 28/RA.RU.310473/2017. Rosstandart, 2017. (In Russ.).
10. Trubitsyna D.A., Khludov D.S. The Investigation of Size-Consist of the Coal Deposited Coal Dust with Different Stages of Metamorphism. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Industrial Safety. 2014. № 1. pp. 13–23. (In Russ.).
11. Trubitsyn A.A., Podobrazhin S.N., Skatov V.V., Voroshilov Ya.S., Musinov S.N., Trubitsyna D.A. Development of Monitoring System Dust Deposits Intensity and Methods of Forecast of Dust Levels. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Industrial Safety. 2016. № 1. pp. 6–13. (In Russ.).
12. Voroshilov Ya.S., Trubitsyna D.A. Dust Deposition Intensity Method and Control System Development in Order to Increase the Underground Coal Mine Openings Dust Explosion Safety. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Industrial Safety. 2017. № 4. pp. 28–41. (In Russ.).
13. Mahdavipour O., Mueller-Sim T., Fahimi D., Croshere S., Pillatsch P., Merukh J., Baruffa V., Sabino J., Tran K., Alanis G., Solomon P., Wright P., White R., Gundel L., Paprotny I. Wireless sensors for automated control of total incombustible content (TIC) of dust deposited in underground coal mines. 2015 IEEE SENSORS. 2015. DOI:10.1109/ICSENS.2015.7370353