Currently, the mining industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan is dominated by an open method for solid minerals extraction. In the open pit mining, dust is the main adverse production factor. Its concentration in the environment depends on the development technology, the type and humidity of the mineral and host rocks, the mining equipment used, anti-dust measures, etc.
Increase in the volume of mineral extraction due to the intensification of production processes and the introduction of high-performance equipment leads to an increase in the level of dust generation at the workplaces. In this regard, the fight against dust as a harmful professional factor remains an urgent task.
In a dusty atmosphere, especially with a high concentration of hazardous suspended particles, various means of individual respiratory protection are used. This allows a significant reduction in the inhaled fraction. Conducted research proved that the real coefficients of respiratory protection in the modern personal protective equipment in the production conditions do not correspond to the declared ones. The main reason is the penetration of the unfiltered air into the area under mask through the gaps between the protective mask and the face of the worker.
The necessity of developing a methodology for the selection of respirators that will provide reliable protection of the respiratory organs of the workers was identified. The dust load attributable to the respiratory organs of a miner is determined considering the use of BPS and ASDA respirators.
2. Golik V.I. Mineral deposits development: Textbook. Moscow: Infra-M, 2019. 384 p. (In Russ.).
3. Derevyashkin I.V. Fundamentals of mining. Open pit mining. Moscow: Izd-vo MGGU, 2011. 258 p. (In Russ.).
4. Leshkov V.G. Alluvial deposits development. Moscow: Izd-vo MGGU, 2007. 906 p. (In Russ.).
5. Rzhevskiy V.V., Ilyin S.A. The problem of developing ecologically clean and resource saving technologies in open pit mining of mountain deposits. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 1991. № 1. pp. 11–13. (In Russ.).
6. Papichev V.I., Nomerov G.B. Ecological problems of the open pit mining development. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 1992. № 9. pp. 49–52. (In Russ.).
7. Pevzner M.E. Mining ecology. Moscow: Izd-vo MGGU, 2003. 395 p. (In Russ.).
8. Pevzner M.E., Malyshev A.A., Melkov A.D., Ushan V.P. Mining and environmental protection: textbook for universities. 3-e izd., ster. Moscow: Izd-vo MGGU, 2001. 300 p. (In Russ.).
9. Gorlov V.D. Calculation of the amount of dusting of lands adjacent to the dump massif. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 1990. № 7. pp. 52–55. (In Russ.).
10. Konorev M.M., Roslyakov S.M., Kienko A.A., Bredikhin A.A. Experience in the application of an unconventional method for reducing the toxicity of emissions into the environment of quarries by the technological vehicles. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 1992. № 3. pp. 15–19. (In Russ.).
11. Akhmedova N.M., Toshnazarov A.Kh., Berdiev U.Kh., Zhumaniyazov I.O. The problem of ensuring human safety in the system of enterprises of Uzbekistan. Universum: tekhnicheskie nauki = Universum: Technical Sciences. 2021. № 1-1 (82). pp. 5–7. (In Russ.).
12. Rabbimov Kh.T., Akhmedova N.M. Selection of personal respiratory protection equipment to ensure the safety of mining workers. Universum: tekhnicheskie nauki = Universum: Technical Sciences. 2021. № 1-1 (82). pp. 8–10. (In Russ.).
13. Akhmedova N.M., Rabbimov Kh.T., Ochilova M.Sh. The impact of industrial dust on the human body. Internauka = Interscience. 2021. № 21 (197). P. 2. pp. 73–74. (In Russ.).
14. Gimranova G.G., Bakirov A.B., Valeeva E.T., Maksimov G.G., Ovsyannikova L.B., Abdrakhmanova E.R., Shagalina A.U., Galimova P.P., Gimaeva Z.F., Volgareva A.D., Shaykhlislamova E.R., Krasovskiy V.O., Akhmetshina V.T., Yakhina M.R., Allaberdina D.U., Aznabaeva Yu.G. Occupational respiratory diseases caused by the exposure to industrial aerosols: study guide. Ufa: FBUN «Ufimskiy NII meditsiny truda i ekologii cheloveka», 2016. 85 p. (In Russ.).
15. Lebedev G.P., Fillippov V.L. Methodological approaches to the integrated assessment of health damage due to unfavorable factors of the environment. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya = Russian Journal of Occupational Health and Industrial Ecology. 1993. №7-8. pp. 9–14. (In Russ.).
16. Nakhodkin V.P. Development of the personal protective equipment for the respiratory organs and guidelines for their use in the conditions of negative temperatures: thesis … Candidate of Technical Sciences. Yakutsk, 2005. 153 p. (In Russ.).