Risk indicators, as a rule, are integral values for certain recipients (people, equipment, buildings, and structures) considering the frequency and degree of their damage as the result of exposure to hazardous factors of possible accidents with the release of hazardous substances. Risk indicators are used for assessing the efficiency of the compensatory measures, new industrial and fire safety requirements, or the risk of deviations from them when developing special technical conditions, safety case for hazardous production facilities. The list of the main calculated risk indicators was formed back in the 1970s–1980s. For example, in the domestic and foreign practice, the following indicators of the risk of people death are used: potential risk (individual risk), collective risk (average rate of death), social risk (societal risk), individual risk (there is no foreign analogue). Overview of the approaches to the calculation of these indicators is given in the article, it is shown that they are generally accepted.
A new approach to the calculation of risk indicators is proposed, which allows to consider the location of people and the time of their stay in more detail. Consider, in particular, dynamics of changes in the number of people at the facility, and in its vicinity during a given period, and the likelihood of people being in different places of the potential hazard zone at a particular point in time. These innovations make it possible to consider, for example, presence of the employees in different places during the working day, temporary gatherings of people during the day, for example, at the lunchtime in the canteen.
Example of performing calculations according to the presented methodology is given. Consistency of the obtained results is shown.
2. On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. 23-e izd., ispr. i dop. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2022. 52 p. (In Russ.).
3. On the approval of the Procedure of executing an industrial safety declaration for hazardous production facilities, and the list of information included in it: Order of Rostechnadzor dated October 16, 2020 № 414. Available at: https://base.garant.ru/75073030/ (accessed: April 30, 2022). (In Russ.).
4. On the approval of Safety Guide «Methodological Framework for Hazard Analysis and Accident Risk Assessment at Hazardous Production Facilities»: Order of Rostechnadzor dated April 11, 2016 № 144. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/420347908 (accessed: April 30, 2022). (In Russ.).
5. On the approval of the methodology for determining the calculated values of fire risk at production facilities (with the amendments as of December 14, 2010): Order of the Russian Emergencies Ministry dated July 10, 2009 № 404. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/902170886 (accessed: April 30, 2022). (In Russ.).
6. Uijt de Haag P.A.M., Ale B.J.M. Guidelines for quantitative risk assessment. Publication Series on Dangerous Substances (PGS 3). Part one: Establishments. Available at: https://content.publicatiereeksgevaarlijkestoffen.nl/documents/PGS3/PGS3-1999-v0.1-quantitative-risk-assessment.pdf (accessed: April 30, 2022).
7. Guidelines for Chemical Process Quantitative Risk Analysis. Second edition. New York: American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2000. 756 p.
8. Lees F.P. Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. Hazard Identification, Assessment and Control. Volume 1. Second edition. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann, 1996.
9. Sumskoy S.I., Pchelnikov A.V., Shanina E.L., Lisanov M.V., Zozulya V.V. Analysis of the risk of accidents on the main pipeline transporting a wide fraction of light hydrocarbons. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2007. № 2. pp. 48–52. (In Russ.).
10. Savina A.V., Sumskoy S.I., Lisanov M.V. Risk Analysis of Accidents at Trunklines Used for Substantiating Minimum Safe Distances. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2012. № 3. pp. 58–63. (In Russ.).
11. Degtyarev D.V., Lisanov M.V., Sumskoy S.I., Shvyryaev A.A. Quantitative Risk Assessment in the Process of Substantiation of Buildings and Structures Explosion-Resistance. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2013. № 6. pp. 82–89. (In Russ.).
12. Technical regulation on fire safety requirements: Federal Law of July 22, 2008 № 123-FZ (last edition). Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_78699/ (accessed: April 30, 2022). (In Russ.).
13. On the approval of Safety Guide «Methodology for assessing the risk of accidents at hazardous production facilities of the main pipeline gas transport»: Order of Rostechnadzor dated December 26, 2018 № 647. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/552055785 (accessed: April 30, 2022). (In Russ.).
14. Agapov A.A., Lazukina I.O., Marukhlenko A.L., Marukhlenko S.L., Sofin A.S. Use of Software Complex TOXI+Risk for Fire Risk Assessment. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2010. № 1. pp. 46–52. (In Russ.).
15. Degtyarev D.V., Pecherkin A.S. Methodology Problems of Social Risk Assessment. Use of Bernoulli Formula. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2012. № 11. pp. 50–53. (In Russ.).