The article is devoted to topical issues of research on the fire hazard of composite materials in particular the materials based on the aramid fibers. Preliminary analysis of possible areas of their application showed the need for conducting hazard studies.
For fire-resistant fabrics considering the operating conditions, research and test methods were justified and selected to determine and evaluate the indicators of flammability, smoke-generating ability, toxicity of combustion products, specific emission of some toxic gases and oxygen consumption, burnout rate. For this purpose, both standard methods and a separate experimental method of complex testing were used. Based on the results of these studies, the new experimental data were obtained, which indicate the fireproof properties of composite materials and fabrics based on the aramid fibers. So, for example, the tested samples belong to the groups (classes) of materials D1 (with low smoke-forming ability), T1 (low-hazardous) in terms of toxicity of combustion products, B1 (hard to ignite) in terms of flammability.
The experimental fire hazard data analyzed in the work allow to draw conclusions about the possibility of using the tested composite materials based on the aramid fibers with virtually no restrictions. This is especially true for air support structures of various functional purposes.
2. Ibatullina A.R. Properties of materials based on the aramid fibers and areas of their application. Vestnik Kazanskogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of Kazan Technological University. 2015. № 2. pp. 270–272. (In Russ.).
3. Shuvalov E. Fire-resistant fabrics: volume of the Russian market, features of production and use. Available at: https://www.getsiz.ru/ognestostojkie-tkani-obem-rynka-rf-osobennosti-proizvodstva-i-ispolzovaniya.html (accessed: February 1, 2023). (In Russ.).
4. Perepelkin K.E. Reinforcing fibers and fibrous polymer composites. Saint Petersburg: NOT, 2009. 380 p. (In Russ.).
5. Technical regulation on fire safety requirements: Federal Law of July 22, 2008 № 123-FZ. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/902111644 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
6. Dolganina N.Yu. Deformation and destruction of layered fabric plates under local impact: thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Chelyabinsk, 2010. 128 p. (In Russ.).
7. Shebeko A.Yu., Konstantinova N.I., Tsarichenko S.G. Fire hazard of textile materials based on polyester fibers for rail vehicles. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2020. Vol. 29. № 1. pp. 32–42. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18322/PVB.2020.29.01.32-42
8. Konstantinova N.I., Eremina T.Y.U., Kuznetsova I.N. Development of Fireproof Textile Materials Safe on Contact with Human Skin. Fibre Chemistry. 2019. Vol. 51. № 2. pp. 131–134. DOI: 10.1007/s10692-019-10058-9
9. Khasanov I.R., Smirnov N.V., Konstantinova N.I., Shevchuk A.P., Molchadskiy O.I., Merkulov A.A., Krivoshapkina O.V., Safonova-Shishkova N.V. The Concept of New Edition of Gost 12.1.044—89 «Occupational Safety Standards System. Fire and Explosion Hazard of Substances and Materials. Nomenclature of Indices and Methods of their Determination». Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2016. № 3. pp. 130–134. (In Russ.).
10. Smirnov N.V. Prediction of materials fire hazard: thesis ... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Мoscow, 2002. 273 p. (In Russ.).
11. Golovanov V.I., Kosachev A.A., Smirnov N.V., Pavlovskiy A.V., Molchadskiy I.S. Building constructions and materials: investigations in fire resistance, fire hazard and fire safety measures. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2012. № 2. pp. 79–88. (In Russ.).
12. Zaitsev A.A., Smirnov N.V., Shebeko A.Yu. Definition of indicator of toxicity of combustion products of cable plastic compounds. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety, 2018. № 3. pp. 162–167. (In Russ.).