Relevance of the study is due to a number of factors. Firstly, a typical trend in the activity of coal mines, especially newly opened ones, is an intensive increase in coal production in difficult geological and climatic conditions, while using more and more powerful mining equipment. Secondly, an important circumstance is the use of the shift method of personnel work, which causes its high turnover. These features predetermine an increase in the risk of injury to the coal mines employees.
These trends are clearly manifested in the dynamically developing Solntsevo coal mine. In accordance with the general line of the Eastern Mining Company, aimed at further improving production efficiency and occupational safety, a risk management system for negative events is formed at the mine. At the first stage, the employees were introduced to the methodology for identifying hazardous production situations, which they tested in practice in their area of responsibility. The second stage continued mastering this methodology in assessing the risk of identified hazards and developing measures to eliminate them.
At the third stage, the employees of the mine began to master the tools for improving the quality of workflows, which is based on an assessment of its main components: personnel, equipment, workflow, and its conditions. Each of these components, in turn, is evaluated against four components. The use of this toolkit allows to identify «narrow» links in the workflow, unsafe operations and actions, the elimination of which reduces the risks of negative events and removes obstacles to efficient work.
When testing this toolkit, critical risks were identified, the factors that cause them, measures were developed and taken for implementation to ensure a systematic increase in employee safety when performing the specific operations.
1. Cherskikh O.I., Minakov V.S., Galkin A.V. Mastering the risk management system by the personnel of the Solntsevo coal mine. Ugol = Coal. 2022. № 10. pp. 40–44. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18796/0041-5790-2022-10-40-44
2. Labor activity of a person. Available at: https://www.rsuh.ru/upload/main/teacher/Tema%201.1%20Trudovaya%20deyatel'nost'.pdf (accessed: December 22, 2022). (In Russ.).
3. Rofe A.I. Organization and regulation of labor: textbook. Moscow: KnoRus, 2023. 222 p. (In Russ.).
4. Kilin A.B. Scientific substantiation of the system of the production process continuous improvement for the open-pit coal mining: thesis … Doctor of Technical Sciences. Ekaterinburg, 2021. 296 p. (In Russ.).
5. Peryatinskiy A.Yu. The concept of forming the production process of a mining enterprise with the parameters of an acceptable risk of injury. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Proceedings of Tula State University. Sciences of Earth. 2022. Iss. 2. pp. 113–130. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.46689/2218-5194-2022-2-1-113-130
6. Zakharov S.I. Increasing the efficiency of the workflows of a coal mining enterprise based on the improvement of organizational and economic relations: thesis … Candidate of Economical Sciences. Chelyabinsk, 2011. 150 p. (In Russ.).
7. Fedorkevich T.I. Improvement of planning of the organizational and economic development of the the coal mine production units: thesis … Candidate of Economical Sciences. Chelyabinsk, 2016. 157 p. (In Russ.).
8. Kuletskiy V.N., Zhunda S.V., Dovzhenok A.S., Galkin A.V., Poleshchuk M.N. Methodology for improving the quality of labor processes. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2018. № 42. pp. 3–36. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2018-9-42-3-36
9. Artemev V.B., Lisovskiy V.V., Yutyaev E.P., Fedorov A.V., Kilin A.B., Kuletskiy V.N., Tsinoshkin G.M., Dobrovolskiy A.I., Zankov A.P., Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M., Kravchuk I.L., Dovzhenok A.S., Galkin A.V. Reliable Ensuring of the Occupational Safety at the SUEK Enterprises. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2018. № S20. pp. 5–39. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2018-5-20-5-39
10. Zhunda S.V. Organization of ensuring the safety of production processes of a coal mine in the conditions of increasing the capacity of mining and transport equipment: thesis … Candidate of Technical Sciences. Ekaterinburg, 2019. 192 p. (In Russ.).
11. Velikoselskiy A.V. Methodological foundations of the process and project management of the development of a coal company in the conditions of increasing uncertainty of the market environment: thesis … Doctor of Technical Sciences. Moscow, 2022. 339 p. (In Russ.).