The Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation is a territory of large-scale projects that are primarily focused on the extraction, processing, and export of natural resources. The development of regions in these territories is associated with difficulties in self-sufficiency in food, and fuel and energy resources due to severe weather and climatic conditions and a special geographical location. In view of the vast territory, fragile ecosystem and very difficult conditions for survival, the principles of sustainable development, which imply maintaining a balance of economic, social, and environmental components, are of particular importance.
The study of the problems contributes to the development of solutions aimed at ensuring the reliability of the implementation of northern delivery measures for the sustainable development of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation. The results are presented concerning the study of the regulatory framework related to the provision of northern delivery, as well as the study of objective factors that complicate the process of carrying out this set of measures.
It is proposed to consider the problem of ensuring economic and food security by increasing the mechanisms for carrying out northern delivery activities. An assessment is given related to the existing problems, as well as organizational and legal mechanisms for the implementation of northern delivery, an analysis of monitoring systems and ensuring information transparency of the delivery process.
As a result of the work, the specific measures were proposed to improve the reliability of supply. The digital twin system with new organizational and legal mechanisms, including the draft federal law «On northern delivery», will allow to efficiently manage current processes, use the scenario-based forecasting approaches, and assess the state of the progress of northern delivery in various sections.
2. Ivanov V.A. Features ensuring food security for the population of the North and Arctic of Russia. Arktika: ekologiya i ekonomika = Arctic: Ecology and Economy. 2021. Vol. 11. № 4. pp. 596–606. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25283/2223-4594-2021-4-596-606
3. Grigoryev M.N. Freight Flows Modeling in the Water Area of the Northern Sea Route for the Purpose of Accident Risk Assessment. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 6. pp. 46–58. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-6-46-58
4. Soldatova L.V., Ivanitskaya E.V. Comparative Legal Aspect of the Complex Requirements for Conducting Business and Operations in the Arctic Region. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2021. № 4. pp. 45–54. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2021-4-45-54
5. Pil E.A. Analysis of Northern delivery and options for its implementation. Tsifrovaya nauka = Digital science. 2021. № 3. pp. 42–57. (In Russ.).
6. Sokolov Yu. I. Risks of northern delivery. Problemy analiza riska = Issues of risk analysis. 2019. Vol. 16. № 4. pp. 32–47. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.32686/1812-5220-2019-16-4-32-47
7. Altukhov A.I. The paradigm of food security in Russia. Moscow: Fond razvitiya i podderzhki molodezhi «Kadrovyy rezerv», 2019. 685 p. (In Russ.).
8. Kaygorodtsev A.A. Self-sufficiency as an indicator of national food security. Natsionalnye interesy: prioritety i bezopasnost = National Interests: Priorities and Security. 2006. № 4. pp. 72–77. (In Russ.).
9. Rome Declaration on World Food Security. Rome, 1996. Available at: http://www.fao.org/docrep/003/w3613e/w3613e00.htm (accessed: September 16, 2022).
10. Wijkman A., Von Weizsacker E. Come On!: Capitalism, Short-Termism, Population and the Destruction of the Planet. 2018. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4939-7419-1
11. Sokolov I.A. Federal Budget Execution in 2021. Ekonomicheskoe razvitie Rossii = Russian Economic Development. 2022. Vol. 29. № 3. pp. 4–8. (In Russ.).
12. Boger I.B. Northern supply for Russian North-Eastern regions: improving an economic and managing mechanism. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiya = Region: Economics and Sociology. 2003. № 3. pp. 105–121. (In Russ.).
13. Filippova N.A., Vlasov V.M., Bogumil V.N. Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of northern cargo for the regions of the Far North and the Arctic zone of Russia. Мoscow: Tekhpoligraftsentr, 2019. 214 p. (In Russ.).
14. Shadrin A.P. Ensuring northern delivery. Ekspert = Expert. 2001. № 29. (In Russ.).
15. Borisov A.I., Gnatyuk G.A. Assessment of transport accessibility of the Arctic regions of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). Transportation Research Procedia. 2022. Vol. 61. pp. 289–293. DOI: 10.1016/j.trpro.2022.01.048
16. Nikishova M.I., Kuznetsov M.E. The Digital Twin for Monitoring of Cargo Deliveries to the Arctic Territories. Proceedings of SAI Intelligent Systems Conference. Springer, Cham, 2023. С. 339–347.
17. What is the «northern delivery» and why was it disrupted this year? Argumenty i fakty = Arguments and facts. Available at: https://aif.ru/dontknows/eternal/1015079 (accessed: September 13, 2022). (In Russ.).
18. Ostarkov N.A., Nikishova M.I., Kubichek V.V., Abanin S.S., Igitkhanyan D.A., Brikotina N.V., Chuloshnikov A.P., Musaev A.R. Analysis of financial, logistical, organizational, and other mechanisms for the implementation of centralized supplies of products, goods, and services in the Arctic zone. Scientific and economic substantiation of the new concept of «Northern Delivery», development of a system of scientifically based proposals to improve mechanisms for supporting the regions of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation with limited delivery times for goods (products): Research report 1. FANU «Vostokgosplan». Мoscow: 2021. 363 с. (In Russ.).
19. Draft federal law «On Northern delivery». Federal portal of draft regulatory legal acts. Available at: https://regulation.gov.ru/projects#search=завоз&npa=130720 (accessed: September 11, 2022). (In Russ.).
20. Ledyaeva M. The well-being of three million inhabitants of 25 constituent entities of the Russian Federation depends on the northern delivery. Available at: https://rg.ru/2022/09/06/reg-szfo/kak-izmenitsia-severnyj-zavoz.html (accessed: October 11, 2022). (In Russ.).
21. Grigoryev M.N. Russia’s experience in creating monitoring systems for the development of the Arctic zone. Arkticheskie vedomosti = The Arctic Herald. 2018. № 2. pp. 78–91. (In Russ.).