Every employee in the course of his work is faced with production factors that can lead to adverse consequences in the form of diseases and /or injuries. At the same time, the identification of hazards is still a difficult task even for the specialists. All this makes it difficult for the manager to ensure the safety of employees.
Profession of the tailor was chosen as the object of the study. The labor operations were analyzed performed by the employee, as well as the condition of the equipment and tools involved in the work and the room, in which the workplace is located, along with the results of the special assessment of working conditions. The authors came to a conclusion that this procedure is not able to assess all the hazards that an employee is exposed to at his workplace during the performance of his work duties.
That is why a risk assessment procedure was recently introduced in the workplace, which is mandatory for all employers. However, a single method for risk assessment was not proposed yet. In this regard, the literature sources were analyzed, and the most popular methods were selected: the Elmery method, Fine-Kinney method, the matrix method, and the checklist method. During the risk assessment procedure, conflicting results were obtained. If we assess the risk using the checklist method, then the tailor professional risk is assessed as low, according to the Elmery method - medium, and the Fine-Kinney and matrix methods showed a high level of risk. This suggests that the choice of method directly affects the final result and the magnitude of occupational risk. At the same time, the risk assessment procedure helps to identify hazards that were not considered during a special assessment of working conditions, which helps to promptly take measures to reduce hazards and improve the working conditions of the employee.
2. Professional standard: 33.015 «Specialist in repair and individual tailoring of sewing, knitted, fur, leather products, hats, textile haberdashery products»: Order of the Ministry of Labor of Russia dated December 21, 2015, № 1051n. Available at: https://classinform.ru/profstandarty/33.015-spetcialist-po-remontu-i-individualnomu-poshivu-shveinykh-trikotazhnykh-mehovykh-kozhanykh-izdelii-golovnykh-uborov-izdelii-tekstilnoi-galanterei.html (accessed: February 13, 2023). (In Russ.).
3. Job description of a tailor. Available at: https://dokipedia.ru/document/5211939 (accessed: February 13, 2023). (In Russ.).
4. On the special assessment of working conditions: Federal law of December 28, 2013, № 426-FZ. Available at: https://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_156555/ (accessed: February 13, 2023). (In Russ.).
5. On approval of the Standard norms for the free issuance of special clothing, special shoes and other personal protective equipment to employees of light industry organizations engaged in work with harmful and (or) hazardous working conditions, as well as the work performed in special temperature conditions or related to pollution: Order of the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation of December 10, 2018, № 778n. Available at: https://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_314176/0c673bc5e964e60b64155c73721aa341d5da4f19/ (accessed: February 13, 2023). (In Russ.).
6. Labor Code of the Russian Federation dated December 30, 2001 № 197-FZ (revision from 19.12.2022 as amended and supplemented, entered into force on 11.01.2023). Available at: https://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_34683/ (accessed: February 13, 2023). (In Russ.).
7. Martyshchenko D.O. Obstacles in the conduct of a special assessment of working conditions. Za nami budushchee: vzglyad molodykh uchenykh na innovatsionnoe razvitie obshchestva: sb. nauch. st. Vseros. molodezhnoy nauch. konf. (The future is behind us: a view of young scientists on the innovative development of society: Collection of scientific articles of the All-Russian Youth Scientific Conference). In 4 volumes. Kursk: Yugo-Zapadnyy gosudarstvennyy universitet, 2020. pp. 124–129. (In Russ.).
8. Kuznetsova D.A. Сomparative analysis of risk assessment methods. XXI vek: itogi proshlogo i problemy nastoyashchego plyus = XXI Century: Resumes of the Past and Challenges of the Present plus. 2022. Vol. 11. № 3 (59). pp. 154–158. (In Russ.).
9. Magomedova N.Z. Advantages and disadvantages of popular methods of professional risk assessment. Obrazovanie i nauka v Rossii i za rubezhom = Education and science in Russia and abroad. 2020. № 6. pp. 53–57. (In Russ.)
10. Mardonova A.A., Krivolapov I.P., Fokin A.A. Analysis of risk assessment methods. Nauka i obrazovanie = Science and Education. 2020. Vol. 3. № 2. pp. 33. (In Russ.).
11. Evstigneev N. S. Occupational risk assessment by the Elmery and Fine—Kinney method. Promyshlennaya bezopasnost i ekologiya: sb. materialov XIX sessii otraslevoy molodezhnoy shkoly-seminara (Industrial safety and ecology: collection of materials of the XIX session of the sectoral youth school-seminar). Sarov: FGUP «RFYaTs—VNIIEF», 2020. pp. 111–126. (In Russ.).
12. Bulgakov A.O. Improving the method for assessing professional risks «Fine—Kinney». Konkurs nauchno-issledovatelskikh rabot (Competition of the scientific research works). Мoscow: Assotsiatsiya razrabotchikov, izgotoviteley i postavshchikov sredstv individualnoy zashchity. 2020. pp. 41–44. (In Russ.).