The assessment was conducted concerning the occupational risk of personnel at a gas field facility using five methodologies. To date, there is no unified methodology for assessing occupational risk, this is the main problem in the field of occupational risk management in the Russian Federation. All existing methods consider the theoretical side of risk assessment, while a wide range of practical issues remain unresolved. A comparative description of the five most common methodologies is presented in the article: the risk assessment methodology according to the Fine — Kinney system; guide R 2.2.1766—03; methodology for the integral assessment of working conditions taking into account the combined effect of a complex of harmful production factors; risk assessment methodology consideringthe multifactorial action of a complex of harmful factors of the production environment; methodology for calculating individual occupational risk depending on the working conditions and the health status of the employee. To assess the occupational risk, the workplaces of flaw detectorists were chosen, since they are exposed to the greatest number of harmful factors in the production environment, which is required for the most complete risk assessment and identification of the dependence of its magnitude on various factors.
To assess the occupational risk for flaw detectorists, the methodologies were used that consider both general and individual risk; the methodologies that give qualitative and quantitative characteristics of risk.
A comparative analysis of the obtained results of risk assessment using these methodologies was carried out.
1. Shalimova A.V., Filin A.E., Davydenko A.A. Analysis of evaluation results of occupational health, industrial and environmental safety management systems at enterprises of mining and smelting complex. Topical Issues of Rational Use of Natural Resources. 2019. Vol. 1. DOI: 10.1201/9781003014577-13
2. Da Silva S.L.C., Amaral F.G. Critical factors of success and barriers to the implementation of occupational health and safety management systems: A systematic review of literature. Safety Science. 2019. Vol. 117. P. 123–132. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2019.03.026
3. Levashov S.P. Assessment of professional risks in the Russian Federation and abroad. Problemy analiza riska = Issues of Risk Analysis. 2012. Vol. 9. № 6. pp. 54–65. (In Russ.).
4. Korobov A.V. Occupational risk assessment of employees of the fuel and energy complex as one of the main elements of the occupational safety management system: Abstract of the thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Moscow, 2017. 20 p. (In Russ.).
5. Kondrateva O.E., Kravchenko M.V., Loktionov O.A. Development of the Methods for Assessing the Risk of Damage to Health of the Employees of the Electric Power Industry. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 4. pp. 63–68. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-4-63-68
6. Semeykin A.Yu., Klimova E.V., Nosatova E.A., Khomchenko Yu.V. Using of automated risk assessment systems to ensure the safety of personnel at construction sites. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/945/1/012022/pdf (accessed: January 10, 2023). (In Russ.).
7. Nevolina E.M., Shishkina S.V. Development of mine personnel competences as a method to ensure occupational safety. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2021. № 5-1. pp. 336–349. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236_1493_2021_51_0_336
8. Lightfoot R.M., Susler O. Occupational Health and Safety Risk Profiling. SPE International Health, Safety & Environment Conference. Abu Dhabi, 2006. DOI: 10.2118/98935-MS
9. Ovchinnikova T.I., Pototskiy E.P., Firsova V.M. Risk-based approach to hazard assessment in the mining industry. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2021. № 2-1. pp. 199–208. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2021-21-0-199-208
10. Pototskiy E.P., Firsova V.M. Research of occupational risk, taking into account the combined effect of production factors. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2019. № S17. pp. 53–63. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-6-17-53-63
11. Pototskiy E.P., Rykova M.A., Stolyarova N.E. Professional Risk Assessment of Electric Steel Shop Personnel. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2020. № S1. pp. 154–160. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2020-1-1-154-160
12. Minko V.M., Evdokimova N.A. On the applicability of methods for assessing occupational risks in labor protection management. Bezopasnost zhiznedeyatelnosti = Life Safety. 2020. № 12 (240). pp. 3–12. (In Russ.).
13. Development of «Methodology for calculating individual occupational risk depending on the working conditions and the state of health of an employee» and «The methods for calculating the integral indicator of the level of occupational risk in an organization». Available at: https://www.kiout.ru/info/publish/216 (accessed: January 10, 2023). (In Russ.).
14. Manuele F.A. Prevention Through Design Addressing Occupational Risks in the Design and Redesign Processes. Professional Safety. 2008. Vol. 53. Iss. 10.