One of the main directions of research in the field of increasing the actual limits of fire resistance of steel structures is the development and implementation of fire-resistant rolled products with increased thermal stability. Fire-resistant steels are steels whose yield strength when heated to 600 °C is at least 60 % of the yield strength at 20 °C. For their wide application in construction, information is needed on the change in the strength properties of fire-resistant rolled metal products at high heating temperatures. In addition, it is required to develop a method for assessing the bearing capacity of steel structures considering the nature of the temperature distribution in their cross section. The introduction of fire-resistant steels and the proposed method of calculation will in some cases will allow to ensure the normative limit of fire resistance of load-bearing structures or reduce the cost of their fire protection.
The experimental and calculated data are obtained concerning the limits of fire resistance of beams made of steel rolled metal of classes S355, S390, as well as S355P and S390P with increased heat resistance. The use of the method for calculating the fire resistance limit of bent steel structures heated from three sides considering uneven heating in the cross section, demonstrates satisfactory convergence with the experimental data for beams made of building steels, including fire-resistant ones with increased thermal stability. Various levels of static load were modeled under the influence of the temperature regime of a standard fire. The research results contribute to the introduction of new types of fire-resistant building steels for the construction of buildings from metal structures. This will increase their safety and stability in case of fire and will lead to a reduction in the construction costs.
2. Golovanov V.I., Pekhotikov A.V., Pavlov V.V. Evaluation of fire-retardant effectiveness of coatings for steel structures. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire safety. 2020. № 4 (101). pp. 43–54. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.37657/vniipo.pb.2020.101.4.004
3. Odesskiy P.D., Vedyakov I.I. Steel in building metal structures. Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 2018. 906 p. (In Russ.).
4. Dwaikat M.M.S., Kodur V.R. A performance based methodology for fire design of restrained steel beams. Journal of Constructional Steel Research. 2011. Vol. 67. Iss. 3. pp. 510–524. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcsr.2010.09.004
5. Wang W.Y., Zhang L., He P. A Numerical Investigation on Restrained High Strength Q460 Steel Beams Including Creep Effect. International Journal of Steel Structures. 2018. Vol. 18. Iss. 1. pp. 1497–1507. DOI: 10.1007/s13296-018-0047-5
6. Kodur V.R., Dwaikat M.M.S. Response of steel beam-columns exposed to fire. Engineering Structures. 2009. Vol. 31. Iss. 2. pp. 369–379. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2008.08.020
7. Golovanov V.I., Pekhotikov A.V., Kryuchkov G.I., Novikov N.S. Fire resistance of steel building beams. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire safety. 2022. № 4 (109). pp. 19–28. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.37657/vniipo.pb.2022.109.4.001
8. Alghossoon A.M., Varma A.H. Fiber-based model for simulating strength and stiffness deterioration of high-strength steel beams. Thin-Walled Structures. 2023. Vol. 183. Iss. 4. DOI: 10.1016/j.tws.2022.110432
9. Chen S., Liu J.-Z., Chan T.-M. Material properties and residual stresses of welded high strength steel and hybrid I-sections. Engineering Structures. 2023. Vol. 276. Iss. 1. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2022.115293
10. Bartelemi B., Kryuppa Zh. Fire resistance of building structures. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1985. 216 p. (In Russ.).
11. Komissarov A.A., Tikhonov S.M., Ten D.V., Matrosov M., Glukhov P.A., Pekhotikov A.V., Kuznetsov D.V. Comparative Fire Resistance of Modern Construction Steels. Steel in Translation. 2021. Vol. 51. Iss. 11. pp. 827–833. DOI: 10.3103/S0967091221110073
12. Komissarov A.A., Tikhonov S.M., Ten D.V., Matrosov M., Shulga E., Glukhov P.A., Adigamov R.R., Mishnev P.A., Pekhotikov A.V., Pavlov V.V. Fire Resistance Factors of Low-Alloyed Construction Longs. Steel in Translation. 2022. Vol. 52. Iss. 7. pp. 701–706. DOI: 10.3103/S0967091222070099
13. Golovanov V.I., Kryuchkov G.I., Strekalev A.N., Komissarov A.A., Tikhonov S.M. A study on mechanical properties of modern rolled structural metal at elevated temperatures. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2022. Vol. 31. № 2. pp. 52–62. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.22227/0869-7493.2022.31.02.52-62
14. Lennon T., Mur D.B., Vang Yu.K., Beyli K.G. Guide for designers to EN 1991-1-2, 1992-1-2, 1993-1-2 and 1994-1-2: Handbook for the design of fire protection of steel, steel-reinforced concrete and concrete structures of buildings and structures in accordance with Eurocodes. Moscow: MGSU, 2013. 195 p. (In Russ.).
15. Łukomski M., Turkowski P., Roszkowski P., Bartłomiej P. Fire Resistance of Unprotected Steel Beams — Comparison between Fire Tests and Calculation Models. Procedia Engineering. 2017. Vol. 172. pp. 665–672. DOI: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.02.078
16. Naser M.Z., Kodur V.R. Effect of local instability on fire response of steel beams. PSU Research Review. 2017. Vol. 1. № 2. pp. 170–179. DOI: 10.1108/PRR-05-2017-0025
17. Golovanov V.I., Kryuchkov G.I., Novikov N.S. Program for calculating the fire resistance limit considering the uneven distribution of temperature in the cross section of the structure. Certificate № RU 2023610664 on the state registration of a computer program. Applied: December 20, 2022. Published: January 12, 2023. Computer programs register. (In Russ).