Variants of progressive solutions for the use of efficient fire protection means for steel and reinforced concrete structures of the industrial buildings and structures are considered for the purpose of increasing the actual fire resistance and ensuring the requirements of fire safety norms. Distinctive features of the temperature regimes in the initial phase of a real fire from a standard fire were established when assessing the fire resistance of building structures. It is proposed to use such standardized temperature regimes of fire for assessing the fire resistance of building structures, as standard — in the industrial buildings; temperature regime of hydrocarbons combustion — for oil and gas, petrochemical enterprises, offshore stationary platforms; tunnel temperature regime — in the road and railway tunnels. Considering the operating conditions and performance of work on fire protection, the degree of aggressiveness of the environment, the structural and methodological scheme was developed for selecting passive fire protection for steel structures. Recommendations are given on limiting the use of intumescent paints for load-bearing steel structures involved in the overall stability of buildings, with the required fire resistance limit of no more than 30 minutes. To calculate the temperature over the section of the structure during its heating, the dependences of the change in the coefficients of thermal conductivity and heat capacity of fire-retardant linings under fire were obtained. Experimental studies were conducted related to the fire resistance of reinforced concrete floor slabs and slabs with an external reinforcement system based on the carbon composite material with various types of fire-retardant materials. The issue of protecting the lining blocks of road and railway tunnels from brittle (explosive) destruction of concrete in a fire is considered. It is experimentally confirmed that the addition of polypropylene fibers to the concrete mixture replaces the use of fire protection for the tunnels enclosing structures.
2. Bartelemi B., Kryuppa Zh. Fire resistance of building structures. Мoscow: Stroyizdat, 1985. 215 p. (In Russ.).
3. Kordina K., Meyer-Ottens C. Beton Brandschutz Handbuch. 2 Auflage. Düsseldorf: Verlag Bau + Technik, 1999. 284 s.
4. Gordienko D.M., Lagozin A.Yu., Mordvinova A.V., Shebeko Yu.N., Nekrasov V.P. Fire Protection Support of Fixed Offshore Platforms for Oil and Gas Production. Vesti gazovoy nauki = Gas Science Bulletin. 2019. № 2 (39). pp. 136–142.
5. Yakovlev A.I. Calculation of fire resistance of building structures. Мoscow: Stroyizdat, 1988. 143 p. (In Russ.).
6. Lennon T., Mur D.B., Vang Yu.K., Beyli K.G. Guide for designers to EN 1991-1-2, 1992-1-2, 1993-1-2 and 1994-1-2: Guide for the design of fire protection of steel, steel-reinforced concrete and concrete structures of buildings and structures in accordance with Eurocodes. Мoscow: MGSU, 2012. 196 p. (In Russ.).
7. Kordina K. Brände in unterirdischen Verkehrsanlagen. Bautechnik. 2003. Vol. 80. № 5. ss. 327–338.
8. Golovanov V.I., Pavlov V.V., Pekhotikov A.V. Evaluation of Fire-Retardant Effectiveness of Coatings for Steel Structures. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2020. № 4 (101). pp. 43–54. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.37657/vniipo.pb.2020.101.4.004
9. Nause P. Brandschutztechnische Bewertung tragender Bauteile im Bestand. Available at: https://docplayer.org/2762246-Brandschutztechnische-bewertung-tragender-bauteile-im-bestand.html (accessed: June 30, 2021).
10. Deshevykh Yu.I. Harmonization of the Russian and international regulatory documents in the field of fire safety. Standarty i kachestvo = Standards and Quality. 2013. № 10. pp. 42–43. (In Russ.).
11. Zilch K., Müller A., Reitmayer C. Erweiterte Zonenmethode zur brandschutztechnischen Bemessung von Stahlbetonstützen. Available at: https://www.zm-i.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/erweiterte-zonenmethode-zur-brandschutztechnischen-bemessung-von-stahlbetonstutzen.pdf (accessed: June 30, 2021).
12. Dehn F., Werther N., Knitl J. Groβbrandversuche fur den City-Tunnel Leipzig. Beton- und Stahlbetonbau. 2006. Vol. 101. № 8. ss. 631–635. DOI: 10.1002/best.200608186
13. Stucchi R., Amberg F. A Practical Approach for Tunnel Fire Verification. Structural Engineering International. 2020. Vol. 30. № 4. pp. 515–529. DOI: 10.1080/10168664.2020.1772697
14. Golovanov V.I., Pekhotikov A.V., Novikov N.S., Pavlov V.V., Kuznetsova E.V. Fire Resistance of Reinforced Concrete Tubings of Underground Structures with Polypropylene Fiber. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2019. Vol. 28. № 5. pp. 60–70. (In Russ.).