The complex of drainage system of an underground mining enterprise ensures the safety and continuity of mining operations. Deterioration of the level of reliability of the functioning of the mine drainage system can lead to the following serious consequences. The main link of the mine drainage system is a drainage system equipped with pumping units based on the centrifugal pumps. One of the main criteria for the safe operation of a mine drainage system is its equipment with a sufficient number of pumping units.
An assessment of the efficiency of the classical methodology for calculating the listed park of pumping units is given, including consideration of the amendment made to it regarding the given water inflow regime. The main drainage installation of the Udachny underground mine, equipped with sectional pumps, was chosen as the object of research. It is established that the list park of pumping units calculated according to the known methods does not allow to ensure a high level of reliability of the operation of the drainage plant. The same picture is typical for the park of discharge pipe sections of the drainage plant.
When calculating the list park of pumping units of a drainage system, it is more expedient to consider not the passport performance of the pump, but its average value between major repairs. The number of pumps under repair depends on the average duration of repair work and the average time between failures of the pump. A method is proposed for calculating the optimal number of pumping units and pipe sections of a drainage system from the point of view of ensuring its reliable level of functioning. The results of the performed research will be useful to the specialists responsible for the design of drainage systems for underground mines and coal mines in the Russian Federation.
2. Timukhin S.A., Ugolnikov A.V., Dolganov A.V. Problems of design and operation of mine drainage complexe. Izvestiya Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo gornogo universiteta = News of Ural State Mining University. 2014. № 3 (35). pp. 68–73. (In Russ.).
3. PB 03-553—03. Uniform safety rules for the development of ore, non-metallic and placer mineral deposits by underground method. Moscow: NTTs «Promyshlennaya bezopasnost», 2009. Ser. 03. Iss. 33. 199 p. (In Russ.).
4. Shcherbakov Yu.S., Erofeeva N.V. Methodology for the verification calculation of the drainage plant of mining enterprises. Gornoe oborudovanie i elektromekhanika = Mining Equipment and Electromechanics. 2023. № 1 (165). pp. 50–57. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.26730/1816-4528-2023-1-50-57
5. Gorelkin I.M. Development and justification of ways to improve the energy efficiency of pumping equipment for the mine drainage complexes: thesis … Candidate of Tekhnical Sciences. Saint Petersburg, 2014. 197 p. (In Russ.).
6. Razumnyy Yu.T., Rukhlova N.Yu., Rukhlov A.V. Energy efficiency of the main drainage of a coal mine: monograph. Dnepropetrovsk: Natsionalnyy gornyy universitet, 2016. 109 p. (In Russ.).
7. Ovchinnikov N.P. Assessment of the Reliability for the Functioning of the Main Dewatering Plant of the Kimberlite Mine. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2022. № 4. pp. 42–46. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2022-4-42-46
8. Ovchinnikov N.P. Justification of vertical split casing pump delivery at withdrawal for basic repair. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2022. № 7. pp. 79–90. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236_1493_2022_7_0_79
9. Shen Z., Li R., Han W., Quan H., Guo R. Erosion Wear in Impeller of Double-Suction Centrifugal Pump due to Sediment Flow. Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics. 2020. Vol. 13. Iss. 4. pp. 1131–1142. DOI: 10.36884/JAFM.13.04.30907
10. Serrano R.O.P., Santos L.P., Edna M., Viana F., Martinez C.B. Case study: Effects of sediment concentration on the wear of fluvial water pump impellers on Brazil's Acre River. Environmental Science, Engineering. Wear. 2018. №. 408. pp. 131–137. DOI:10.1016/J.WEAR.2018.04.018
11. Ovchinnikov N.P. Assessment of the degree of influence of the solid phase of mine wateron the durability of the hydraulic foot assembly of the sectional pump of the main drainage plant of the Udachny mine. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy = Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories. 2022. Vol. 14. № 3. pp. 494–500. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.21177/1998-4502-2022-14-3-494-500
12. Pavlenko I., Trojanowska Ju., Gusak O., Ivanov V., Ivanov J., Pavlenko V. Estimation of the Reliability of Automatic Axial-balancing Devices for Multistage Centrifugal Pumps. Periodica Polytechnica Mechanical Engineering. 2019. Vol. 63. № 1. pp. 52–56.
13. Kalinichenko P., Gusak O., Khovanskyy S., Krutas Yu. Substantiation and development of the procedure for calculating a hydraulic balancing device under condition of minimal energy losses. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. 2017. Vol. 2 (7). pp. 36–41.