The article presents the main provisions of ensuring safety on the construction site. Safety of the joint (at the construction stage) between the ceiling plate and the facade cladding sealed with the mineral wool (stone wool) and a firestop sealant is considered.
A seam that has not yet been sealed presents a potential hazard of injury or falling objects to a lower level that requires actions within the standard procedures. When a seam is sealed, its hazard becomes less obvious.
The purpose of this work is to assess the safety of the described design. For this purpose, a test setup, a method for testing a seal for static strength were developed, the tests were carried out with subsequent analysis and conclusions.
The object of study is a seal (at the construction stage) between a reinforced concrete slab and a facade finishing element filled with a mineral wool and covered with a highly elastic refractory sealant. The testable criterion for the performance of the joint is its ability to withstand the load of a person.
As a possible further continuation of this work, the first aspect that needs to be studied is the testing of a building element of a similar design during its operation phase, when the joint is covered with a reinforced screed with a thickness of 50 mm. The second important aspect is that the performance criterion should be extended to the fall of a rigid object from a height, and the appropriate tests should be carried out. The third important aspect is the need to develop test methods, in which the joint will be subjected to dynamic impact, since if the resistance of the joint to foot penetration or to objects falling from a height is considered, the load will not have a slow, static nature.
2. Stupakov A.A., Lelikov G.D. Calculation of Risks Caused by the Use of Personal Protective Equipment Against Falls from Height. Mekhanizatsiya stroitelstva = Mechanization of Construction. 2014. № 12 (846). pp. 50–54. (In Russ).
3. O'Claire D.E., Hesse D.M. Fall Protection Efforts for Lattice Transmission Towers. Electrical transmission and substation structures 2015: technical challenges and innovative solutions in grid modernization. 2015. pp. 58–69.
4. Sulowski A.C. Collective Fall Protection for Construction Workers. Available at: http://informesdelaconstruccion.revistas.csic.es/index.php/informesdelaconstruccion/article/view/2991/3314 (accessed: January 10, 2021).
5. Prostakishin D., Pham N.T. Dynamic test method for full body harnesses exploited in cold climates. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/945/1/012027/pdf (accessed: January 10, 2021). DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/945/1/012027
6. Pham N.T., Lelikov G., Korolchenco D. Improvement of the safety systems for working at heights on transmission towers. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/365/4/042054/pdf (accessed: January 10, 2021). DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/365/4/042054
7. Senchenko V.A., Lelikov G.D., Senchenko O.A. Ladder nozzle with anchoring device. Patent RU196601U1. Applied: August 30, 2019. Published: March 6, 2020. Bulletin № 7. (In Russ.).
8. Lelikov G., Prostakishin D. Anchoring devices for mounting reticulate catchers on rocky sections of roads. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342848384_Anchoring_devices_for_mounting_reticulate_catchers_on_rocky_sections_of_roads/link/5f08a10145851550509a51d1/download pdf (accessed: January 10, 2021). DOI:10.1088/1757-899X/869/5/052029
9. Fam N.T., Vasilenko V.V., Korolchenko D.A. Actualization of the Dynamic Test Methods to Be Systemized for Temporary Edge Protection Systems. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2017. Vol. 26. № 12. pp. 35–44. (In Russ.).
10. Salik T.V. Modern safety requirements when working at height. Vestnik Akademii Pastukhova = Bulletin of the Pastukhov Academy. 2017. № 1 (23). pp. 11–14. (In Russ.).
11. Fam N.T., Korolchenko D.A. Relevance of safety aspects during the work at height in construction. Sb. dokl. Pervoy Nats. konf. «Aktualnye problemy stroitelnoy otrasli i obrazovaniya» (Collected reports of the First National Conference «Actual problems of the construction industry and education»). Мoscow, 2020. pp. 802–809. (In Russ.).
12. Senchenko V.A., Kaverzneva T.T., Rumyantseva N.V., Skripnik I.L., Lelikov G.D. Implementation of stationary anchor devices for safe operation at the height of support of air communication lines and electric transmission lines. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2018. Vol. 27. № 1. pp. 58–67. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18322/PVB.2018.27.01.58-67