Safety of the underground mining operations largely depends on the reliability of the functioning of the drainage facilities system. Practice shows that over the past few years, the reliability of the main drainage system of the underground kimberlite mine Udachny was noticeably decreased. One of the reasons for this was the low operational reliability of pumping equipment. External examinations of the failed parts of the flow part of pumps operating in the drainage systems of domestic kimberlite mines indicate the dominance of hydroabrasive wear in the overall picture of their multifactorial destruction. Mine waters pumped from the drainage mine workings of the Udachny mine is considered the most polluted among the mines of ALROSA. The main reason for the increase in the concentration of solid particles in the mine waters pumped to the daytime surface by the pumping equipment of the main drainage plant of the Udachny mine was the growing pollution of the waters coming from the drainage basins of the district drainage into its clarifying reservoirs.
Such an intensive removal of mechanical impurities from the catchments of the district drainage into the clarifying tanks of the main drainage system is explained by an increase in the rate of siltation of the catchment tanks. And the rapid siltation of the catchments, in turn, is caused by the systematic removal of sludge-slurry pulp from the lower part of the skip trunk.
It is established that the sludge slurry is formed during the overload of the extracted kimberlite ore from the feeder to the conveyor belt. There, its spilled part is washed off with water used for irrigation of diamond-bearing raw materials into the skip barrel. To reduce the rate of siltation of the drainage basins of the district drainage system, a mechanized complex for cleaning spilled rock mass was developed, described in the article.
2. Timukhin S.A., Ugolnikov A.V., Dolganov A.V. Substantiation of the strategy for determining the normal daily water inflow when choosing drainage equipment. Izvestiya Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo gornogo universiteta = News of the Ural State Mining University. 2013. № 3 (31). pp. 33–36. (In Russ.).
3. Palamarchuk T.N. Cavinanion modes of mine pimps with positive and negative sistion lifts. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Izvestiya Tula State University. Sciences of Earth. 2017. № 4. pp. 204–219. (In Russ.).
4. Zubov V.P., Smychnik A.D. The concept of reducing the risks of potash mines flooding caused by groundwater inrush into excavations. Zapiski Gornogo instituta = Journal of Mining Institute. 2015. Vol. 215. pp. 29–37. (In Russ.).
5. Ovchinnikov N.P. Assessment of the Reliability for the Functioning of the Main Dewatering Plant of the Kimberlite Mine. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2022. № 4. pp. 42–46. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2022-4-42-46
6. Dolganov A.V. The influence of hydro-abrasive depreciation of excretory elements on exploitation qualities of rotary pumps at copper and pyrites pits. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2015. № 8. pp. 181–186. (In Russ.).
7. Ovchinnikov N.P. System analysis of internal and external impacts on overhaul repair frequency of vertical split casing pumps. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2022. № 9. pp. 74–78. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2022.09.13
8. Patel M., Kumar A., Pardhi B., Pal M. Abrasive, Erosive and Corrosive Wear in Slurry Pumps — a Review. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2020. Vol. 7. Iss. 3. pp. 2188–2195.
9. Shen Z., Li R., Han W., Quan H., Guo R. Erosion Wear on Impeller of Double-Suction Centrifugal Pump due to Sediment Flow. Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics. 2020. Vol. 13. Iss. 4. pp. 1131–1142. DOI: 10.36884/JAFM.13.04.30907
10. Kesler R. Considerations is selecting a positive displacement slurry pump. Mining World. 2016. Vol. 13. Iss. 4. pp. 34–37.
11. Noon A.A., Jabbar A.U., Koten H., Kim M.-H., Ahmed H.W., Mueed U., Shoukat A.A., Anwar B. Strive to Reduce Slurry Erosion and Cavitation in Pumps Through Flow Modifications, Design Optimization and Some Other Techniques: Long Term Impact on Process Industry. Materials. 2021. Vol. 14. Iss. 3. DOI: 10.3390/ ma14030521
12. Gorelkin I.M. Development and justification of ways to improve the energy efficiency of pumping equipment for the mine drainage complexes: abstract of the thesis … Candidate of Technical Sciences. Saint Petersburg, 2014. 21 p. (In Russ.).
13. Ovchinnikov N.P., Zyryanov I.V. Study of one of the problems of sustainable development of the udachnymine. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Izvestiya Tula State University. Sciences of Earth. 2022. № 3. pp. 161–170. (In Russ.).