The general approach to the industrial safety of capital construction projects in Russia, the EU countries, the USA is provided based on an analysis of the requirements in terms of explosion-proof design of buildings and structures. The analysis was carried out in order to determine the requirements for the construction of buildings and structures requiring revision or cancellation in order to harmonize Russian regulatory technical documents in construction and industrial safety with the foreign ones. The relevance of the chosen topic is determined by its compliance with the main goals and objectives of the state policy of Russia in the field of industrial safety, aimed at consistently reducing the risk of accidents at industrial facilities and minimizing their negative consequences.
The list of the main current regulatory and technical documents of the EU countries and the USA with the main requirements for the explosion resistance of buildings and structures and the assessment of explosive impact is presented. The methodology for calculating the explosive loads on buildings and structures is briefly described. It is shown how the response of a structure to the impact of an explosion is determined within the framework of a foreign approach. The main proposals for the creation of new requirements and updating previously approved Russian codes of practice in construction have been developed and compiled. The results of the implementation of the submitted proposals will contribute to improving the efficiency of the processes of domestic industrial construction of buildings and structures, updating the regulatory and technical base, ensuring the safety of hazardous production facilities. Also, it will maintaining the compliance of buildings and structures with their functional purpose, reducing the risk of harm to health, property of individuals or legal entities, public or municipal property and the natural environment.
2. On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. 23-e izd., ispr. i dop. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2022. 52 p. (In Russ).
3. General rules for explosion safety for fire and explosion hazardous chemical, petrochemical and oil refining facilities: Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 09. Iss. 37. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2022. 140 p. (In Russ).
4. Methods for substantiating the explosion resistance of buildings and structures during explosions of fuel-air mixtures at hazardous production facilities: Safety Guide. Ser. 27. Iss. 17. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2020. 56 p. (In Russ.).
5. Methodology for assessing the consequences of accidental explosions of fuel-air mixtures: Safety Guide. Ser. 27. Iss. 15. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 44 p. (In Russ.).
6. Lisanov M.V., Zhukov I.S., Bazaliy R.V. Criteria for Buildings and Structures Blast Resistance at Hazardous Production Facilities. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 5. pp. 40–46. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-5-40-46
7. Bazaliy R.V., Nevskaya E.E., Churkin G.Yu. Problems of Substantiation of Buildings and Structures Blast Resistance at Hazardous Production Facilites. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 4. pp. 25–30. DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-4-25-30
8. Zhukov I.S., Lisanov M.V. About the unity of acceptable risk criteria at hazardous production facilities. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy sbornik «Vesti gazovoy nauki» = Scientific-Technical Collection Book «Gas Science Bulletin». 2022. № 2 (51). pp. 82–90. (In Russ.).
9. Manual for the survey and design of buildings and structures exposed to explosive loads. Moscow: AO «TsNIIPromzdaniy», 2000. 87 p. (In Russ.).
10. SP 296.1325800.2017. Buildings and structures. Accidental actions. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/555600219 (accessed: November 22, 2022). (In Russ.).
11. SP 43.13330.2012. Constructions of the industrial enterprises. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200092709 (accessed: November 22, 2022). (In Russ.).
12. SP 56.13330.2021. Production buildings. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/728193558 (accessed: November 22, 2022). (In Russ.).
13. GOST R 57818—2017. Design standards of buildings and constructions for gas processing industry. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200157213 (accessed: November 22, 2022). (In Russ.).
14. GOST 27751—2014. Reliability for constructions and foundations. General principles. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200115736 (accessed: November 22, 2022). (In Russ.).
15. UFC 3-340-02. Unified Facilities Criteria/ Structures To Resist The Effects Of Accidental Explosions, With Change 2. Available at: https://wbdg.org/FFC/DOD/UFC/ufc_3_340_02_2008_c2.pdf (accessed: November 22, 2022). (In Russ.).
16. Burgan B.A., Pilpilidou A. Technical Note 14 — Design of Low to Medium Rise Buildings against External Explosions. Ascot: FABIG, 2018. 164 p.
17. Van der Meer L.J. Dynamic response of high-rise building structures to blast loading. Available at: https://pure.tue.nl/ws/files/46918713/637345-1.pdf (accessed: November 22, 2022).
18. Design of blast resistant buildings in petrochemical facilities. 2nd Ed. New York: ASCE, 2010. 306 p. DOI: 10.1061/9780784410882
19. On the Fundamentals of the State Policy of the Russian Federation in the Field of Industrial Safety for the Period up to 2025 and Beyond: Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 6, 2018 № 198. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/557306107 (accessed: March 25, 2022). (In Russ.).