The article presents the results of the analysis of the main indicators of the supervisory and control activities of Rostechnadzor in the field of industrial safety at hazardous production facilities of the coal industry. It is revealed that with the implementation of constant state control (supervision), the share of bans and suspensions of the activities of hazardous production facilities increased by 1.5 times, while the injury and accident rates decreased significantly. This indicates an increase in the efficiency of supervision, and the level of industrial safety in the industry.
The factors (reasons and circumstances) of prohibitions and suspensions of the activities of hazardous production facilities of the coal industry due to the violations of industrial safety requirements and mining operations are considered. Suspension and prohibition of the activities means that there is a potential risk of an emergency occurence. Considering the emphasis on stimulating risk prevention, characteristic assessments of the subjects of supervision indicated in the acts of scheduled field inspections carried out in 2021 as part of the state control and supervision of compliance by coal enterprises with industrial safety requirements are highlighted in the article. When analyzing the acts of scheduled inspections, attention was paid to the presence of identified violations that could provoke an accident or incident, leading to a deviation from the established mode of the technological process and possible causing harm.
It should be noted that in the inspection acts, great emphasis is placed on monitoring the condition of technical devices: fences, signaling devices, blockages, crossings, stairs, platforms, railings, etc., what applies to the subjects of supervision by the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation.
Therefore, in order to improve the level of industrial safety and the safety of mining operations at the coal industry enterprises, the emphasis should be placed on the adapted application of a risk-oriented approach to the subjects of supervision of a particular hazardous production facility. This approach will increase the level of industrial safety at the controlled enterprises and reduce the costs of the caused harm (damage).
2. Lukyanchikov M.I., Lesnykh V.V., Nemchin Yu.V., Bochkov A.V. On the peculiarities of applying the risk-oriented approach when organizing certain types of inspection and control activities at PAO Gazprom. Gazovaya promyshlennost = Gaz Industry. 2020. № 1 (795). pp. 106–115. (In Russ.).
3. The Heinrich/Bird safety pyramid. Pioneering research has become a safety myth. Available: https://risk-engineering.org/concept/Heinrich-Bird-accident-pyramid (accessed: January 27, 2023).
4. Bellamy L.J., Ale BJ.M., Whiston J.Y., Mud M.L., Baksteen H., Hale A.R., Papazoglou I.A., Bloemhoff A., Damen M., Oh J.I.H. The Software Tool Storybuilder and the Analysis of the Horrible Stories of Occupational Accidents. Safety Science. 2008. Vol. 46. Iss. 2. pp. 186–197. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2007.06.022
5. Gilbert C., Journe B., Laroche H., Bieder C. Safety Cultures, Safety Models. Taking Stock and Moving Forward. Cham: Springer Open, 2018. 166 p.
6. Johansen I.L., Askeland T., Dorum C. Use of «Heinrich» factor in risk assessments of ship allision in bridge design. Proceedings of the 29th European Safety and Reliability Conference. Singapore: Research Publishing, 2019. pp. 115–122. DOI: 10.3850/978-981-11-2724-3_0857-cd
7. Matveenkov F.V., Tolstova D.A., Masharova O.V., Sachkova O.V. Risk-oriented Model of the Organization and Implementation of the Federal State Energy Supervision. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2021. № 5. pp. 76–81. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2021-5-76-81
8. Gendler S.G., Falova E.S. Application of Risk-оriented Approach to Select the Targeted Measures in Order to Reduce the Occupational Traumatism. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 9. pp. 82–87. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-9-82-87
9. Klovach E.V., Pecherkin A.S., Shalaev V.K., Sidorov V.I. Regulatory Guillotine in the Field of Industrial Safety. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti= Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 11. pp. 22–28. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-11-22-28
10. Department for Supervision in the Coal Industry. Generalized causes of accidents and injuries. Informatsionnyy byulleten Federalnoy sluzhby po ekologicheskomu, tekhnologicheskomu i atomnomu nadzoru = Information Bulletin of the Federal Environmental Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service. 2022. № 4 (121). pp. 6–14. (In Russ.).
11. Kolikov K.S., Grishin V.Yu., Ishkhneli O.G. Accident and traumatism at coal industry enterprises. Okhrana truda i sotsialnoe strakhovanie = Occupational safety and social insurance. 2020. № 6. pp. 34–44. (In Russ.).
12. Annual report on the activities of the Federal Environmental Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service in 2021. Section 188.8.131.52. Coal industry. Available: https://www.gosnadzor.ru/public/annual_reports/%D0%93%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9%20%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%82%20%D0%B7%D0%B0%202021%20%D0%B3..pdf (accessed: January 27, 2023). (In Russ.).