An assessment of the experts of the World Health Organization on the main groups of occupational diseases associated with the impact of industrial physical factors is presented in the article. The analysis was carried out related to the influence of vibroacoustic factors on the health and working capacity of industrial enterprise employees.
The importance is substantiated concerning the choice of the personal protective equipment and the development of the activities that can increase the level of safety and harmlessness to the employee health under the influence of vibroacoustic factors at the workplaces.
It is emphasized that an important step towards prevention of accidents at work and the development of occupational diseases among the employees associated with the impact of vibroacoustic factors is the occupational risk management system.
A list of personal protective equipment for employees against noise and vibration was defined, and an approach was proposed for choosing protective equipment and reducing the negative impact of noise, vibration, infrasound, and ultrasound, based on an analysis of occupational risks. The procedure for determining personal protective equipment against the action of vibroacoustic factors should be included in the occupational risk management system to increase the efficiency of annual activities on protecting the life and health of the enterprise employees.
To identify hazards and assess the levels of occupational risks, it is required to recommend the creation at the enterprise by a local regulatory act of commissions, or groups on assessing occupational risks at the workplaces, as well as a unified system for collecting and analyzing data on hazardous and harmful production factors, violations of labor discipline, deviations from the requirements of instructions on occupational safety, microtrauma, technical incidents, accidental events and emergency situations.
It is required to introduce into the occupational safety management system the proposals for the organization of activities for the periodic review of occupational risk levels at the workplaces and units based on the application of a unified methodology and principles for identifying hazards.
1. Izmerov N.F., Bukhtiyarov I.V., Denisov E.I. Evaluation of occupational risks in the system of evidence-based medicine. Voprosy shkolnoy i universitetskoy meditsiny i zdorovya = Problems of School and University Medicine and Health. 2016. № 1. pp. 14–20. (In Russ.).
2. On the state of sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population in the Russian Federation in 2021: state report. Available at: https://www.rospotrebnadzor.ru/upload/iblock/594/sqywwl4tg5arqff6xvl5dss0l7vvuank/Gosudarstvennyy-doklad.-O-sostoyanii-sanitarno_epidemiologicheskogo-blagopoluchiya-naseleniya-v-Rossiyskoy-Federatsii-v-2021-godu.pdf (accessed: September 28, 2022). (In Russ.).
3. Results of the monitoring conditions and occupational safety in the Russian Federation in 2020. Available at: https://vcot.info/uploads/researches_file/619cbdc415951343985474.pdf?ysclid=l1hrwcsnxi (accessed: September 28, 2022). (In Russ.).
4. Bukhtiyarov I.V. Actual problems of the occupational medicine: Actual problems of occupational medicine: collected papers of the institute. Saratov: OOO «Amirit», 2018. 612 p. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.31089/978-5-907035-94-2
5. Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (Public Law 91-596). Available at: https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/oshact/completeoshact (accessed: September 28, 2022). (In Russ.).
6. Suter A.H. The Nature and Effects of Noise. Available at: https://www.iloencyclopaedia.org/part-vi-16255/noise/item/751-the-nature-and-effects-of-noise (accessed: September 28, 2022). (In Russ.).
7. Batyrbaeva M.Zh. Provision of personal protective equipment at the enterprise in the international aspect of regulatory regulation. Vestnik MANEB = Vestnik IAELPS. 2022. Vol. 27. № 1. pp. 8–12. (In Russ.).
8. Ilin S.M., Samarskaya N.A., Simanovich S.V., Sergeeva S.S. Prospects for objectification of occupational risk levels as a factor of motivational influences on the employer. Ekonomika truda = Russian Journal of Labor Economics. 2021. Vol. 8. № 10. pp. 1163–1174. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18334/et.8.10.113574
9. Samarskaya N.A., Ilin S.M. Prospects for objectification of occupational risk levels as a factor of motivational influences on the employer. Ekonomika truda = Russian Journal of Labor Economics. 2021. Vol. 8. № 10. pp. 1175–1190. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18334/et.8.10.113577
10. Khomenko A.O., Chekmareva M.A., Zabolotskikh T.V., Ilin S.M., Samarskaya N.A. Specificity of psychological and socio-psychological risk-oriented approaches to labor protection management. Ekonomika truda = Russian Journal of Labor Economics. 2019.Vol. 6. № 2. pp. 901–912. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18334/et.6.2.40693
11. Abikenova Sh.K., Dzhumagulova N.G., Abdrakhmanova N.B. Analysis of approaches to providing employees with personal protective equipment in the international aspect. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra VostNII po promyshlennoy i ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti = Bulletin of Scientific Centre VostNII for Industrial and Environmental Safety. 2022. № 3. pp. 73–79. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25558/VOSTNII.2022.32.93.007
12. Kuzmin P.A., Latysheva D.S. Personal protective equipment as an effective means of minimizing the risks and injuries of employees. Available at: https://www.xn----8sbempclcwd3bmt.xn--p1ai/archiv/journal-7-28-1.pdf#page=141 (accessed: September 28, 2022). (In Russ.).