Increase in ore production volumes and the use of large-sized equipment contribute to the loss of ores during mining, which gives rise to the phenomenon of natural leaching. On the example of deposits of the Sadon ore cluster, the hazard of metallized mine effluents for living matter and humans is shown. Of the relatively young methods of mine water purification, the most promising is the combination of electrochemical softening of mine effluents with electrodialysis desalination and concentration. The improvement of environmental protection technologies is developing on the basis of the managed disposal of mining and processing waste as a generator of natural leaching. The results are presented related to the experimental study of the parameters of metals extraction from the mine effluents by electrodialysis desalination with simultaneous concentration. The mechanism is formulated related to the development of oxidative processes of sulfide minerals in the presence of carbon dioxide of the mine atmosphere with the occurrence of electrochemical bonds between the crystals and mineral grains. The process of electromembrane treatment of metal-containing wastes is detailed. It is shown that during the electrochemical decomposition of salt systems, associated commercial products are formed. The dynamics of pollution of the Ardon river washing the Sadon deposit is given. The chemical processes of leaching of lost ores are described. An installation for electrochemical wastewater treatment is recommended, and a quantitative assessment of its efficiency is given. It is noted that the processes of electrochemical wastewater treatment are adequate, described by linear graphs and subject to correction. It is shown that the drains of mines are hazardous for living matter. It is indicated that the improvement of environmental protection technologies will be developed in the direction of waste disposal of mining and processing. The general principle of mine water hazard reduction is a combination of electrochemical softening with electrodialysis desalination and concentration.
2. Valiev N.G., Propp V.D., Vandyshev A.M. The 100th Anniversary of the Department of Mining Engineering of UrSMU. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii. Gornyi zhurnal = News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal. 2020. № 8. pp. 130–143. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.21440/0536-1028-2020-8-130-143
3. Golik V.I., Titova A.V. Modeling of mining performance indicators for the Sadon ore deposits. Gornaya promyshlennost = Russian Mining Industry. 2022. № 4. pp. 82–87. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.30686/1609-9192-2022-4-82-87
4. Dushin A.V., Valiev N.G., Lagunova Yu.A., Shorin A.G. Ural Mining University and Moscow Mining University: interaction of higher education institutions. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2018. № 4. pp. 4–10. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2018.04.01
5. Kachurin N.M., Stas G.V., Korchagina T.V., Zmeev M.V. Geomechanical and aerogasdynamical consequences of underworking mining leases territories of Eastern Donets basin mines. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Proceedings of the Tula State University. Sciences of Earth. 2017. Iss. 1. pp. 170–181. (In Russ).
6. Zaalishvili V.B., Melkov D.A., Kanukov A.S., Dzeranov B.V., Shepelev V.D. Application of microseismic and calculational techniques in engineering-geological zonation. International Journal of GEOMATE. 2016. Vol. 10. № 1. pp. 1670–1674. DOI: 10.21660/2016.19.5312
7. Mehran Jahanshahi, Mohammad Mehdi Taghizadeh. Pre-sedimentation tank effects on water treatment unit operation. International Journal of Environmental Quality. 2018. Vol. 28. pp. 35–42. DOI: 10.6092/issn.2281-4485/7804
8. Rama Karri, Ravindran Gobinath, Mohammad Hadi Dehghani. Soft Computing Techniques in Solid Waste and Wastewater Managemen. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2021. 522 p.
9. Syed Ahmad Imtiaz. Modelling of Chemical Process Systems. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2023. 312 p.
10. Sánchez F., Hartlieb P. Innovation in the Mining Industry: Technological Trends and a Case Study of the Challenges of Disruptive Innovation. Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration. 2020. Vol. 37. Iss. 5. pp. 1385–1399.
11. Klyuev R.V., Bosikov I.I., Mayer A.V., Gavrina O.A. Comprehensive analysis of the effective technologies application to increase sustainable development of the natural-technical system. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy = Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories. 2020. Vol. 12. № 2. pp. 283–290. (In Russ). DOI: 10.21177/1998-4502-2020-12-2-283-290
12. Golik V.I., Klyuev R.V., Martyushev N.V., Brigida V., Efremenkov E.A., Sorokova S.N., Mengxu Q. Tailings Utilization and Zinc Extraction Based on Mechanochemical Activation. Materials. 2023. Vol. 16. Iss. 2. DOI: 10.3390/ma16020726