A.N. Shashenko, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof. N.V. Khozyaykina, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assoc. Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org A.V. Smirnov, Cand. Sci. (Polit.) GVUZ National Mining University, Dnipro, the Ukraine
The geomechanical task is set up and solved, which is related to the assessment of allowable protection arrangement width (of the pillar) in the lava at the development of a horizontally embedded coal seam taking into account the economic feasibility of the haulage roadway re-use. Mining-geological and mining and technical conditions of coal reserves mining in the Western Donbass at Samarskaya mine are considered, which is accepted as the specific object of study.
The solution of the set task is carried out in a complex way on the basis of generalization of the field studies and numerical experiment on digital models using RS2 software package of the Canadian company Rocscience. In the numerical experiment the flat heavy layered medium is studied weakened by the working of the complicated form. From the methodological point of view, a step-by-step solution simulating the movement of the lava face in the process of coal seam mining is carried out.
Dependences of the residual section area of the re-used working on the width and structural compliance of the protection arrangement are obtained. It is proved that in the considered geological-mining and mining and technical conditions the economically and geomechanically reasonable width of the coal pillar shall be 3 m, and the structure of the tie-bar — 4 m. The structures from Tekhard were not investigated due to high cost of hardening mixtures.
It is established that the technological gap between the protection arrangement and the roof rocks negatively effects the stability of the re-used working critically reducing the area of its residual section, and shall be reduced to a minimum size.
The recommendations formed as a result of the carried out studies are implemented at the Samarskaya mine with the positive economic effect.
1. Logunova A.O. Geomechanical processes management in the vicinity of the underground workings with the help of anchor systems. Suchasnі resursoenergozberіgajuchі tehnologії gіrnichogo virobnictva = Up-to-date resource-saving mining technologies. Kremenchuk: KrNU, 2014. Iss. 1 (13). pp. 89–96.
2. Majcherczyk T., Szaszenko A., Sdwizkowa E. Podstawy Goemechaniki (Fundamentals of geomechanics). Krakow: Wydawnictwo-Dydaktycznych AGH, 2006. 293 p.
3. Chudek M. Geomechanika z podstawami ochrony srodowiska gorniczego i powierzchni terenu (Geomechanics with the foundations of ecology and surface of the environment). Gliwice: Wydawnictwo Politechniki Slaskie, 2002.
4. Kleczek Z. Geomechanika gornicza (Mining geomechanics). Katowice: Slaskie Wydawnictwo Techniczne, 1994.
5. Shashenko A.N., Zjukov Ju.E. Numerical modeling of stressed-deformed state of safety pillars in the lavas of slightly inclined seams. Naukovij vіsnik NGU = NGU Scientific newsletter. 2008. № 12. pp. 12–14.
6. Zjukov Ju.E. Geomechanical model of the working face with safety pillars of various rigidity. Materіali mіzhnarodnoї konferencії «Forum gіrnikіv – 2008» = Materials of the International conference «Forum of Miners – 2008». Dnipropetrovsk: NGU. 2008. pp. 50–54.
7. Popovich I.N. Substantiation of the parameters of the method of workings protection for re-use at OP Komsomolskaya Mine of GP «Anthracite». Mіzhnarodna naukovo-tehnіchna konferencіja «Stalij rozvitok promislovostі ta suspіlstva» = International scientific-practical conference «Sustainable development of industry and society». Vol. 1. Krivoi Rog: Krivorіzkіj nacіonalnij unіversitet, 2015. pp. 20–21.
8. Solodjankin A.V., Dudka I.V., Kuzjaeva O.A. To the issue of efficiency of the workings re-use in the complcated geomechanical conditions. Suchasnі resursozberіgajuchі tehnologії gіrnichogo virobnictva = Up-to-date resource-saving mining technologies. Kremenchuk: KrNU, 2015. Iss. 2 (16). pp. 99–109.
9. Gapeev S.N., Grigorev A.E., Logunova A.O. Criterial value of the re-used residual belt road section. Suchasnі resursoenergozberіgajuchі tehnologії gіrnichogo virobnictva = Up-to-date mining resource-saving technologies. Kremenchuk: KrNU, 2015. Iss. 2 (16). pp. 90–99.
10. Hoek E. Practical Rock Engineering. Available at: https://www.rocscience.com/documents/hoek/corner/Practical-Rock-Engineering-Full-Text.pdf (accessed: May 30, 2017).
11. Shashenko A.N., Pustovojtenko V.P., Sdvizhkova E.A. Geomehanika (Geomechanics). Kiev: Novij druk, 2016. 258 p.