Yu.A. Stepanov, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Assoc. Prof. NFI KemGU, Novokuznetsk, Russia L.N. Burmin, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Developer OOO « Siberian.pro», Novosibirsk, Russi
The issues related to the application of virtual reality technology for conducting briefing, training and knowledge testing on occupational safety for miners are considered. It is established that such a technology allows for the personnel to study the evacuation routes in cases of change of the geomechanical situation and the occurrence for emergency situation without descending to the mine.
The rule according to which each miner is obliged to go physically along the personnel evacuation route at the coal mines and to confirm the fact that of being familiarized with it by putting his signature in the document. This approach has the number of essential shortcomings. One of the ways to avoid them is to use the computer geoinformation systems allowing to provide employees of the coal mine with the required data.
Thus, the need arose in having the methods allowing to model the system of mine workings with the possibility of virtual relocation along control evacuation routes. To solve the set problem the principles of virtual reality were used, based, in particular, on free Google VR technology. Actually in this case, only the smartphone with the Android operating system equipped with the gyroscopic sensor and the augmented reality glasses are required.
The offered software is integrated into the scope of the existing geoinformation systems thanks to what it is possible to create the robust industrial information systems.
1. Pravila bezopasnosti v neftyanoy i gazovoy promyshlennosti: feder. normy i pravila v obl. prom. bezopasnosti (Safety Rules in Oil and Gas Industry: Federal Norms and Rules in the Field of Industrial Safety). 2-e izd., ispr. Ser. 03. Iss. 78. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 276 p.
2. Instruktsiya po sostavleniyu planov likvidatsii avariy na ugolnykh shakhtakh (Instruction for Drawing up Plans of Accident Elimination at the Coal Mines). 2-e izd., ispr. Ser. 05. Iss. 20. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2016. 120 p.
3. Stepanov Yu.A. Computer modeling in the problem of ensuring safety of conducting mining operations. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra VostNII po promyshlennoy i ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti = Bulletin of VostNII Scientific Center on Industrial and Ecological Safety. 2016. № 1. pp. 67–72.
4. Tsentr virtualnoy realnosti v Sankt-Peterburgskom Universitete GPS MChS Rossii (Center of virtual reality at the St. Petersburg University of GPS Emercom of Russia). Available at: http://ve-group.ru/portfolio/tsentr-virtualnoy-realnosti-v-sankt-peterburgskom-universitete-gps-mchs-rossii/ (accessed: May 15, 2017).
5. Oculus-compatible PCs. Available at: https://www.oculus.com/oculus-ready-pcs/ (accessed: May 15, 2017).
6. Prezentatsiya tekhnologii virtualnoy realnosti Google VR (Presentation of virtual reality technology-Google VR). Available at: https://vr.google.com/ (accessed: May 15, 2017).
7. Unity User Manual: VR Overview. Available at: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ VROverview.html (accessed: May 15, 2017).