Yu.V. Gorlov, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), General Director, firstname.lastname@example.org ZAO IDC on ES within the AMS, Moscow, Russia N.L. Razumnyak, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Lead Researcher STC «Industrial Safety» CJSC, Moscow, Russia
Safety threat in the mines is the presence of explosion hazardous methane and coal dust concentrations. Occurred explosion can be stopped by the only way: by stopping the flame front that is propagating along the workings. When the flame front is extinguished (localized), the explosion without the new energy feed will cease in a natural way, and the blast wave will die out at a limited length of the mine working. Otherwise, the blast wave of the non-localized explosion will lift up coal dust deposits, and the flame front will cause new more violent explosions — up to the detonation and destruction of the entire mine. Consequently, the usage of any devices aimed only at reducing the damaging factors of the explosion and not ensuring its localization is meaningless and not efficient. To ensure explosion protection the Automatic system for explosion suppression (explosion localization) ASVP-LV.1M was developed and implemented in 2005. The system surpasses the world analogues, which is confirmed by the tests in Russia, Ukraine and China. Over the years of ASVP-LV.1M application it has proved to be simple in operation and reliable device for explosion protection. The system localized real explosions in coal mines. For example, the automatic barrier actuated efficiently in the time of explosion of methane and coal dust at Vorkutinskaya Mine in 2013. At present, new modification of ASVP-LV.MF has been developed on the basis of ASVP-LV.1M. It is delivered for work in the scope of the multifunctional safety system of coal mines. Implementation of ASVP-LV.MF allows to meet all the requirements of the regulatory documents related to blast protection equipment. In future it is planned to create the systems with various remote sensors: shock wave, infrared radiation of explosion, mine atmosphere control. It is also planned to create an advanced information system that allows more efficient control over the explosion protection triggering, thereby localize the explosion reducing to the theoretical minimum the impact of its harmful and damaging factors.
1. Gorlov Yu.V. Innovations in the field of means for localization of explosions of dust and gas mixtures in the coal mines. Perspektivy innovatsionnogo razvitiya ugolnykh regionov Rossii: sb. tr. V Mezhdunar. prakt. konf. (Prospects for Innovative Development of the Coal Regions of Russia: Collection of Materials of the V International Practical Conference). Prokopievsk: Filial KuzGTU v g. Prokopyevske, 2016. pp. 212–215. (In Russ.).
2. Myasnikov A.A., Starkov S.P., Chikunov V.I. Prevention of Gas and Dust Explosions in the Coal Mines. Moscow: Nedra, 1985. 205 p. (In Russ.).
3. GOST R 56690—2015. Mining equipment. Passive means of explosions localization. Stone-dust barrier. General specifications. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200126799 (accessed: July 18, 2018). (In Russ.).
4. On the Basics of the State Policy of the Russian Federation in the Field of Industrial Safety for the Period Until 2025 and Further Prospects: Decree of the President of the Russian Federation № 198 of May 6, 2018. Available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/43022 (accessed: July 18, 2018). (In Russ.).
5. Safety Rules in the Coal Mines: Federal Norms and Rules in the Field of Industrial Safety. 5-е izd., ispr. i dop. Ser. 05. Iss. 40. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. 198 p. (In Russ.).
6. Dzhigrin A.V., Kvaginidze V.S., Razumnyak N.L. The concept of efficient safe development of high-gas-bearing gentle coal seams by the underground method in the complex environment. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Information-analytical Bulletin. 2011. Installment Iss. 9. pp. 131–138. (In Russ.).
7. Instruction on the Localization and Prevention of Explosions of Dust and Gas Mixtures in the Coal Mines: Federal Norms and Rules in the Field of Industrial Safety. 2-e izd., ispr. Ser. 05. Iss. 25. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. 48 p. (In Russ.).
8. GOST R 57717—2017. Mining. Safety in the coal mines. Terms and definitions. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200147096 (accessed: July 20, 2018). (In Russ.).
9. Smirnov N.N., Nikitin V.F., Antonyev A.V., Isayev I.R. Propagation parameters of blast and detonation waves formed during the explosion of dust-methane-air mixture in the working. Vzryvnoe delo = Blasting Work. 2013. № 109/66. pp. 229–238. (In Russ.).
10. Gorlov Yu.V. Development and implementation of the new means for localization of methane and coal dust explosion in the underground mine workings (ASVP-LV). Energeticheskaya bezopasnost Rossii. Novyye podkhody k razvitiyu ugolnoy promyshlennosti: sb. tr. VII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Energy Security of Russia: New Approaches to the Development of Coal Industry: Collection of Materials of the VII International Scientific and Practical Conference). Kemerovo: IUU SO RAN, 2005. pp. 185–189. (In Russ.).
11. Information Bulletin of the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2013. № 4 (67). 64 p. (In Russ.).
12. Act of the unit commission inspection of explosion automatic suppression systems — localization of explosions of ASVP-LV and ASVP-LV.1M operated at the emergency site of the face of layer 832-yu of Troynoi SP Vorkutinskaya Mine. Vorkuta, 2013. 4 p. (In Russ.).
13. Gorlov Yu.V. Innovative development in the field of ensuring safety of coal mines hazardous on gas and dust. Gornaja promyshlennost = Mining Industry. 2013. № 6 (112). pp. 41–47. (In Russ.).
14. PNST 162—2016. Mining equipment. Automated multifunctional safety and control systems of the technological processes in the mine. General technical requirements. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200142495 (accessed: July 20, 2018). (In Russ.).
15. Dzhigrin A.V., Razumnyak N.L., Melnik V.V., Kavardakov A.A. Technical and technological solutions for the development of high-gas-bearing gentle coal seams. Perspektivy innovatsionnogo razvitiya ugolnykh regionov Rossii: sb. tr. V Mezhdunar. prakt. konf. (Perspectives of Innovative Development of the Coal Regions of Russia: Collection of Materials of the V International Practical Conference). Prokopievsk: Filial KuzGTU v g. Prokopyevske, 2016. pp. 47–51. (In Russ.).
16. Dzhigrin A.V., Melnik V.V., Razumnyak N.L., Lupiy M.G. Technology of coal mining without permanent attendance of people in the working space. Perspektivy innovatsionnogo razvitiya ugolnykh regionov Rossii: sb. tr. V Mezhdunar. prakt. konf. (Perspectives of Innovative Development of the Coal Regions of Russia: Collection of Materials of the V International Practical Conference). Prokopievsk: Filial KuzGTU v g. Prokopyevske, 2016. pp. 13–18. (In Russ.).