The most important and promising direction in the Russian oil and gas industry is the development of the Arctic shelf, the largest in the world. Today, in the case of the development of oil and gas deposits remote from the coast, the use of underwater pipelines is not only unprofitable, but also technically unfeasible due to the short summer navigation. A problem arises when mastering the delivery of energy carriers to the industrial regions of Russia, as well as for export. One of the ways to solve this problem is the use of underwater reservoirs as a means of temporary accumulation of the product.
During the operation of underwater oil storage facilities, situations may arise that lead to dome deformation. To prevent such negative consequences, a reliable prediction of the stress-strain state is required. In this paper, the authors considered the modeling of the stress-strain state of the welded joint of the wall-to-bottom of the tank, as well as the zone of monolithic steel dome of the body in concrete. The depth of 100 m for the installation of an underwater storage was chosen due to the presence of hummocks in the seas of the Russian Arctic, which can affect the seabed to a depth of 15–40 m, as well as icebergs — up to 80 m.
The authors developed a numerical axisymmetric finite element model of an underwater storage section, which allows to determine the stress distribution in the domed part of the tank, as well as in the foundation, in accordance with all the features of the underwater tank. The calculations showed that for the considered operating conditions of the deposits, the use of sheets of high-strength steel D690W with a thickness of 50 mm is not enough to ensure the stability of the structure, since stresses arise in the weld that exceed the yield strength of the selected steel. Therefore, it is required either to reduce the immersion depth of the storage, or to provide for a greater thickness of the domed part of the body with the use of ribs that increase the rigidity and stability of the structure.
2. Kulpin D.L., Guseynov Ch.S. Issues of systematic and consistent development of the arctic subsoil. Gazovaya promyshlennost = Gas Industry Journal. 2022. № 7 (835). pp. 20–26. (In Russ.).
3. Guseynov Ch.S., Kulpin D.L., Khazeev V.B., Bobov D.G. On the development of oil and gas fields in the longterm freezing Arctic seas. Burenie i neft = Drilling and Oil. 2020. № 7–8. pp. 26–29. (In Russ.).
4. Mitina N.N. Development of the Arctic: proposals and projects. Neftegaz.RU. 2020. № 5 (101). pp. 32–49. (In Russ.).
5. Italy's Eni begins drilling oil well in Alaska's Beaufort Sea: BSEE. Reuters. 27.12.2017. Available at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eni-oilarctic/italys-eni-begins-drilling-oil-well-inalaskas-beaufort-sea-bsee-idUSKBN1EL1L1 (accessed: 08.04.2023).
6. Ivantsova S.G., Leonovich I.A. Selection of Rational Structures for Large-sized Liquefied Natural Gas Isothermal Storage Tanks for Arctic Operating Conditions. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 9. pp. 7–12. (In Russ.). DOI 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-9-7-12
7. Barber D.G., Hop H., Mundy C.J., Else B., Dmitrenko I.A., Tremblay J.-É., Ehn J.K., Assmy Ph., Daase M., Candlish L.M., Rygaard S. Selected physical, biological and biogeochemical implication of a rapidly changing Arctic Marginal Ice Zone. Progress in Oceanography. 2015. Vol. 139. рр. 122–150. DOI: 10.1016/j.pocean.2015.09.003
8. Wang Y., Tong M., Sun Y., Zhang Y., Yuan D. Reservoir and development characteristics of the Da'anzhai tight oil in Sichuan Basin. SW China. Petroleum Research. 2019. Vol. 4. № 3. pp. 212–226. DOI: 10.1016/j.ptlrs.2019.04.002
9. Nguyen Chieu Nien, Guseynov Ch.S. The role of solar radiation in the evaporation of light fractions. Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry Journal. 2000. № 4. pp. 54–56. (In Russ.).
10. Sonin M.S. Underwater oil storage. Patent 133818 Russian Federation. B65D. Applied: June 11, 2013. Published: October 27, 2013. Bulletin № 30. (In Russ.).
11. Sonin M.S. Underwater storage tank for liquid hydrocarbons in the fields of the Arctic shelf: thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Мoscow, 2016. 100 p. (In Russ.).
12. Kristoffersen A.R., Paulsen F., Totland G.R., Samuelsen A.K. (Kongsberg oil & gas technologies AS). Subsea storage system with a flexible storage bag and method for filling and emptying such subsea storage system. Pat. WO 2015/082544 A1, B65D 88/78. PCT/EP2014/076412. Applied: December 03, 2014; Published: June 11, 2015.
13. Kaalstad J.P., Kristoffersen A. Flexible Subsea Storage Unit Development and Applications. Conference: OTC Brazil, 2013. DOI: 10.4043/24537-MS
14. Gamera Yu.V., Petrova Yu.Yu., Kantyukov R.R., Yagupova L.V. Analysis of the possibility of an accident escalation in the system of the overhead multi-line gas pipelines in the Arctic. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2021. № 12. pp. 51–57. (In Russ.). DOI 10.24000/0409-2961-2021-12-51-57
15. Russian Offshore Oil and Gas Development: Arctic and Far East. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 1. pp. 88–91. (In Russ.).
16. Gorbunov A.A., Shepelyuk S.I., Nesterenko A.G., Drapey K.I., Ivanitskaya E.V. Comparative analysis of oil spill response methods in the Arctic seas. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 3. pp. 18–26. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-3-18-26
17. ANSYS. Technical description. 2019. Available at: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/prod_page.html?pn=Mechanical%20APDL&prodver=20.2&lang=en (accessed: 08.04.2023).
18. GOSТ 31108—2020. Common cements. Specifications. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200174658 (accessed:
08.04.2023). (In Russ.).
19. Year-round Arctic LNG carriers/Arctic Passion News, Aker Arctic Technology Inc’s customer magazine. 2021. Available at: https://akerarctic.fi/app/uploads/2021/03/Passion_news_2021_nro_01_1_year-round_s4-7.pdf (accessed: 30.05.2023).
20. SP 58.13330.2019. Set of rules. Hydraulic structures. Basic statements. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/564542210 (accessed: 08.04.2023). (In Russ.).