Currently, boiler installations, in which high-temperature mineral or synthetic oil is used as a coolant, are an alternative to industrial steam boilers with superheated steam as a source of process heat. The advantages of the technological and economic nature of the introduction of block-modular boilers into the energy industry with the use of alternative working bodies should be combined with the solution of issues of ensuring their safe operation. The article ranks technological advantages, as well as hazards by the type of coolant used in the thermal oil, steam, and hot water boilers. Difficulties in calculating the category of boiler room premises for explosion and fire hazards are associated with the lack of reliable data on the physico-chemical properties of diathermic oil. Calculations of the most important characteristics influencing the choice of the category of premises for explosion and fire hazard are presented, the factors influencing the fire and explosion safety of the boiler house by oil are identified. It is shown that the safety level of a thermal oil block-modular gas boiler house, tested for emergency oil spills, corresponds to the fire and explosion hazard category B or B3. Calculation of the category of the room of the thermal oil boiler room for explosion and fire hazard in case of emergency gas leaks showed that the boiler room should be attributed to the most hazardous category of explosion and fire A. When calculating the explosion and fire hazard category of the thermal oil gas boiler room, it is determined by gas.
2. SNiP 3.05.05—84. Technological equipment and technological pipelines. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/5200025 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
3. RD 10-249—98. Norms for calculating the strength of stationary boilers and pipelines of steam and hot water. Ser. 20. Iss. 4. Мoscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2022. 346 p. (In Russ).
4. Kharlamenkov A.S. Categorization of gas boiler rooms on explosion and fire hazard. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2018. Vol. 27. № 11. pp. 70–72. (In Russ).
5. Manyakin A.V., Kuprienko P.S. Actual issues of calculating the category of gas boiler for fire safety. Sistemy zhizneobespecheniya i upravleniya v chrezvychaynykh situatsiyakh: mezhvuz. sb. nauch. tr. (Life support systems and management in emergency situations: interuniversity collection of the scientific papers). Voronezh, 2017. pp. 55–62. (In Russ).
6. Zemskiy G.T., Vogman L.P., Kondratyuk N.V., Korolchenko D.A. Analysis of methods used to identify combustible gas and vapour-related factors contributing to explosions in the context of assigning explosion and fire safety categories to premises. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2022. Vol. 31. № 4. pp. 27–37. (In Russ). DOI: 10.22227/0869-7493.2022.31.04.27-37
7. FireCategories — category calculation. Available at: https://pyrosim.ru/programma-rascheta-kategorij (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
8. Okamoto K., Ichikawa T., Fujimoto J., Kashiwagi N., Nakagawa M., Hagiwara T., Honma M. Prediction of evaporative diffusion behavior and explosion damage in gasoline leakage accidents. Process Safety and Environmental Protection. 2021. Vol. 148. pp. 893–902. DOI: 10.1016/j.psep.2021.02.010
9. SP 12.13130.2009. Determination of categories of rooms, buildings and external installations on explosion and fire hazard. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200071156 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
10. Ilin Yu.V., Sharipkhanov S.D., Kusainov A.B., Zhaulybaev A.A. Modern methods of collective protection from the damaging factors of emergencies. Nauka i obrazovanie v grazhdanskoy zashchite = Science and education in civil protection. 2022. № 3 (47). pp. 4–9. (In Russ).
11. Ural plant: our production. Available at: https://uralzavod-kotel.ru (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
12. Baratov A.N., Molchadskiy I.S. Burning on fire. Мoscow: VNIIPO, 2011. 502 p. (In Russ).
13. Vogman L.P. Experimental and analytical studies of the combustion characteristics of organic oils in the aerosol state. Khleboprodukty = Bread Products. 2022. № 10. pp. 44–49. (In Russ). DOI: 10.32462/0235-2508-2022-31-10-44-49
14. Manual for the application of SP 12.13130.2009 «Definition of categories of premises, buildings and outdoor installations for explosion and fire hazard». Available at: https://files.stroyinf.ru/Data2/1/4293768/4293768102.pdf (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
15. SNiP 23-01—99. Building Climatology. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200004395 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
16. Zemskiy G.T., Vogman L.P., Kondratyuk N.V. Fire safety of heat-transfer agents for heat generators. Aktualnye voprosy pozharnoy bezopasnosti = Current Fire Safety Issues. 2021. № 3 (9). pp. 11–21. (In Russ). DOI: 10.37657/vniipo.avpb.2021.31.82.002
17. Džolev I., Laban M., Draganić S. Survey based fire load assessment and impact analysis of fire load increment on fire development in contemporary dwellings. Safety science. 2021. Vol. 135. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2020.105094
18. Technical regulation on fire safety requirements: Federal Law of July 22, 2008, № 123-FZ. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/902111644 (accessed: February 28, 2023). (In Russ).
19. Nikulina Yu., Shulga T., Sytnik A., Toropova O. System analysis of the process of determining the room category on explosion and fire hazard. Recent Research in Control Engineering and Decision Making. Ser. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control. 2021. Vol. 337. pp. 125–139. (In Russ). DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-65283-8_11