Main hypotheses of the occurrence of seismic events centers, including rock bumps are presented. Equations of kinetic theory of strength are given. A two-stage kinetic model of crack accumulation and catastrophic destruction of rocks is formulated. It consists in the fact that at the first stage of the rock bump preparation there is a diffuse accumulation of cracks, and at the second — merging of cracks, appearance of enlarged cracks and formation of the destruction center. The results are presented concerning the theoretical and laboratory measurements of change of specific electric resistance of the host rocks and ores of iron ore deposit at mechanical loading and destruction. It has been shown that the relative change of specific electrical resistance of the low conductive rocks depends significantly on the ratio of electrical resistance of the rock itself and charged zones near the surface of the incipient cracks during rock loading. With the accumulation of cracks in the process of mechanical loading of the host rocks of the Tashtagol mine, the number of charged point defects of the structure on the crack edges increases. Specific electrical resistance of such rocks decreases with the accumulation of the number of cracks. In the ore bodies and magnetic iron ores, on the contrary, with increasing disturbance, the electrical resistance increases.
There is regular change in the electrical resistance of rocks in the intermediate and limit states. For ores and magnetic iron ores, the critical change is 40 %, and for the host rocks with high electrical resistance — 28–37 %.
Obtained values of change of the specific electric resistance in the rock critical state can be used for prediction of the rock bumps.
- Reid H.F. The California Earthquake of April 18, 1906. Vol. II. The Mechanics of the Earthquake. Washington: Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1910. 192 p.
- Benioff H. Earthquake and rock creep. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 1951. Vol. 41. Iss. 1. pp. 30–62.
- Bullen K.E. On strain energy and strength in the Earth’s upper mantle. Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union. 1953. Vol. 34. Iss. 1. pp. 107–109. DOI: 10.1029/TR034i001p00107
- Bath M., Benioff H. The aftershock sequence of the Kamchatka earthquake of November 4, 1952. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 1958. Vol. 48. Iss. 1. pp. 1–15.
- Bath M., Duda S.J. Earthquake volume, fault plane area, seismic energy, strain, deformation and related quantities. Annals of Geophysics. 1964. Vol. 17. № 3. pp. 353–368. DOI: 10.4401/ag-5213
- Myachkin V.I., Kostrov B.V., Sobolev G.A., Shamina O.G. Fundamentals of the center physics and earthquake precursors. Fizika ochaga zemletryaseniy (Physics of the earthquake center). Moscow: Nauka, 1975. pp. 6–29. (In Russ.).
- Kuksenko V.S. Model of the transition from micro- to macro-destruction of solids. Fizika prochnosti i plastichnosti (Physics of strength and plasticity). Leningrad: Nauka, 1986. pp. 36–41. (In Russ.).
- Zhurkov S.N., Kuksenko V.S., Petrov V.A., Savelev V.N. On predicting the destruction of rocks. Izvestiya AN SSSR. Fizika Zemli = News of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Physics of the Earth. 1977. № 6. pp. 11–18. (In Russ.).
- Zhurkov S.N., Kuksenko V.S., Petrov V.A. Physical basis for prediction of the mechanical destruction. Doklady AN SSSR = Reports of the USSR Academy of Sciences. 1981. Vol. 259. № 6. pp. 1350–1353. (In Russ.).
- Scholz C.H. The Mechanics of Earthquakes and Faulting. 2nd Ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002. 471 p. DOI: 10.1017/CBO9780511818516
- Dobrovolskiy I.P. Tectonic earthquake preparation theory. Moscow: IFZ AN SSSR, 1991. 224 p. (In Russ.).
- Tarasov B.G., Dyrdin V.V., Ivanov V.V., Fokin A.N. Physical control of rock mass. Moscow: Nedra, 1994. 238 p. (In Russ.).
- Zhurkov S.N. Kinetic concept of solids strength. Vestnik AN SSSR = Bulletin of the USSR Academy of Sciences. 1968. № 3. pp. 3–17. (In Russ.).
- Baily J. Attempt to Correlate Some Tensile Strength Measurements on Glass. Glass Industry. 1939. Vol. 20. № 1–4. pp. 26–28.
- Ivanov V.V. Physical foundations of electromagnetic processes during the formation of a source of destruction in a rock mass: thesis... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Kemerovo, 1994. 366 p. (In Russ.).
- Trollop G.Kh., Bok Kh., Best B.S. Introduction to rock mechanics. Moscow: Mir, 1983. 276 p. (In Russ.).
- Kosevich A.M. Fundamentals of crystal lattice mechanics. Moscow: Nauka, 1972. 280 p. (In Russ.).
- Khyamyalyaynen V.A., Ivanov V.V., Dudko K.V., Shikanov A.I. Forecast of geodynamic manifestations of rock pressure in tectonic blocks of the mine field. Gornyi zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2013. № 5. pp. 16–21. (In Russ.).
- Ruppeneyt K.V. Deformability of the fractured solids. Moscow: Nedra, 1975. 221 p. (In Russ.).