S.V. Rogatykh, Cand. Sci. (Biol.), Assoc. Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org D.P. Azarenkov, Candidate Kamchatka State University Named after Vitus Bering, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
Methods for calculating the period of intensive entry of harmful production factors to the environment during welding operations is presented in the article.
When performing welding operations, the entry of harmful production factors to the environment is taking place discretely at the moments of work with the electrodes. Therefore, it is possible to estimate the total time of the intensive entry of harmful factors to the working environment based on the consumption of the applied electrodes, which is identified according to the accounting data of material values (electrodes) for the specific period of time. Algorithm for estimating the annual time factor of the intensive release of harmful production factors to the working area, where welding works are being carried out, includes the following stages: annual consumption of the used welding electrodes is identified based on the accounting data of the equipment; the mass of one electrode is established according to the technical documentation (or by weighing) for each type of electrodes; annual consumption of the used electrodes of each type is estimated; operating time of one electrode of each type is experimentally determined; work time per year for each type of the electrodes is assessed; total time of work for the year of all types of used electrodes is defined. Specific example of the application of this algorithm is given.
It is proposed to carry out special assessment of the working conditions using as an element of assessment not only the method of timekeeping of the actual time worked, but also the presented method for calculating the period of intensive entry of the harmful production factors to the working area of one or another harmful production factor. Assessment of the period of intensive release of harmful production factors to the working area when performing welding work on the total duration of the work shift will allow the employer to focus on creating safe working conditions during these periods most efficiently and economically.
The proposed accounting system can also be used when conducting special assessment of working conditions in other industries and at various workplaces considering the specifics of the performed works (for example, when working as a house painter, it is required to consider the volume of used paint and varnish products together with the time of hazardous production factors entry).
1. Faynburg G.Z. Use of the scientific methodology of labor protection for the objective to improve its practice. Okhrana i ekonomika truda = Labor Protection and Economy. 2015. № 3 (20). pp. 8–15. (In Russ.).
2. Zhmaev A. In the area of special assessment of the working conditions. Tekhnadzor = Tekhnadzor. 2014. № 4 (89). pp. 104. (In Russ.).
3. Faynburg G.Z. On some of problems that have not been resolved yet concerning management of occupational safety and occupational risks. Bezopasnost i okhrana truda = Safety and Labor Protection. 2012. № 3. pp. 11–16. (In Russ.).
4. Balashov Yu.K. Personnel assessment — basis of the personnel policy at the foreign firms. Kadry predpriyatiya = Human Resource of the Enterprise. 2003. № 9. pp. 23–28. (In Russ.).
5. Kibanov A.Ya. Personnel management in the organization: textbook. 4-e izd., dop. i pererab. Moscow: INFA-M, 2010. 695 p. (In Russ.).
6. Leonteva D.P. Up-to-date methods of assessment and personnel certification in the organization. Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta putey soobshcheniya = Bulletin of Samara State University of Communication Lines. 2016. № 1 (31). pp. 123–127. (In Russ.).
7. Poleshchuk M.N. Educating certification as a tool to increase the concordance of the personnel in relation to the development of the coal-mining enterprise. Krymskiy nauchnyy vestnik = Crimean Scientific Bulletin. 2015. № 4. Vol. 1. pp. 226–236. (In Russ.).
8. Maslov M.V. Review of the legislative changes in the system of working conditions assessment. Novyy vzglyad. Mezhdunarodnyy nauchnyy vestnik = The New View. International Scientific Bulletin. 2014. № 5. pp. 114–120. (In Russ.).
9. Buchta M., Kiesswetter E., Otto A., Schaller K.H., Seeber A., Hilla W., Windorfer K., Stork J., Kuhlmann A., Gefeller O., Letzel S. Longitudinal study examining the neurotoxicity of occupational exposure to aluminium-containing welding fumes. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 2003. Vol. 76. № 7. pp. 539–548.
10. Balmuri S.R., Raman T., Selvaraj U., Kumar V.V., Anthony S.P., Tsatsakis A.M., Golokhvast R.M. Effect of surfactant in mitigating cadmium oxide nanoparticle toxicity: implications for mitigating cadmium toxicity in environment. Environmental Research. 2017. Vol. 152. pp. 141–149.
11. Penttinen P., Timonen K.L., Tiittanen P., Pekkanen J. Ultrafine particles in urban air and respiratory health among adult asthmatics. European Respiratory Journal. 2001. Vol. 17. № 3. pp. 428–435.
12. Wilson M.R., Foucaud L., Barlow P.G., Hutchison G.R., Salese J., Simpson R.J., Stone V. Nanoparticle interactions with zinc and iron: Implications for toxicology and inflammation. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 2007. Vol. 225. pp. 80–89.
13. On special assessment of the working conditions: Federal law of December 28, 2013 № 426-FZ (as amended of May 1, 2016). Sobr. zakonodatelstva Ros. Federatsii = Collection of Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation. 2013. № 52 (pt. I). Art. 6991. (In Russ.).